Friend wont take the plunge but moan about ££ of S*y

My advice would be to buy the Zgemma combo boxes as on vm you get all channels in hd. Even though the channels on sly are sd they still are very good quality. I've helped setup at least over 15 friends and family members and the price of the Zgema are cheaper through the Techking partners than anywhere else. Also if you are using wooshbuild image then it's nice to give a bit of a donation to the developers as well.

I find the SD quality is fine for everything except sport. I can recognize every player in HD, but in SD I'm not so accurate. :-) Was watching footie in HD via IPTV, and then it came down to the frame rate (is that the right term). Sometimes to reduce the bandwidth required for a stream, they'd reduce the number of frames per second to keep the 1080 resolution. So I could recognize everyone playing, but it wasn't so enjoyable to watch. So I concluded at the end that SD was good after all. :-)

I have a friend just like this! Sly were ripping her off as usual, I told her to get the box I'm getting, instead calls up Sly and signs up for another contract... £40 a month which I presume she thinks is a bargain since they were charging her £70 before!

They must have been very persuasive lol

Back