Glitches and freezing

Maybe i have this all wrong
1 is it possible to pause live iptv?
2 is it possible to watch one iptv channel whilst recording another iptv channel?
If the answet is yes to both..im stumped.

Well i can record a freeview channel whilst watching an iptv channel now.
No go on live pausing and same for watching and recording an iptv channel.

I don't think you can pause IPTV.You can pause satellite but not IPTV.I think recording is down to the supplier.You can record what you are watching(if supplier allows this)but
to watch 1 and record another you need a multiroom sub.I have a swap file on my box as IPAB recommend this for IPTV even though I have a 2tb hard drive attached,but if it runs ok without it,you don't have to use it.Also if you are only watching freeview channels via satellite you don't need to use a cam so this can be disabled.
You might need to initialize your hard drive , and then in settings set your recording path to HDD not flash.This may be setup but just check it is to your HDD.

I don't think you can pause IPTV.You can pause satellite but not IPTV.I think recording is down to the supplier.You can record what you are watching(if supplier allows this)but
to watch 1 and record another you need a multiroom sub.I have a swap file on my box as IPAB recommend this for IPTV even though I have a 2tb hard drive attached,but if it runs ok without it,you don't have to use it.Also if you are only watching freeview channels via satellite you don't need to use a cam so this can be disabled.
You might need to initialize your hard drive , and then in settings set your recording path to HDD not flash.This may be setup but just check it is to your HDD.

I stopped cccam running. I stopped and deleted the usb swap file. I have a multi sub with the provider. If i was to add a swap file to my hdd would the hdd initialisation format and wipe my full hdd? how would that effect my duo2 box? would i lose everything?

IPAB 1.3.6
Openatv 6.1
VU DUO2

For you to be able to record your provider has to have it set for two connections i'm sure, if its not you will getting glitching and cutting out..

I stopped cccam running. I stopped and deleted the usb swap file. I have a multi sub with the provider. If i was to add a swap file to my hdd would the hdd initialisation format and wipe my full hdd? how would that effect my duo2 box? would i lose everything?

IPAB 1.3.6
Openatv 6.1
VU DUO2
No,you can add a swap file to your hard drive and it won't affect anything.You would only loose everything if you initialize your hard drive .I did it on mine because my hard drive was not functioning as it should .If you have a multi sub on your IPTV you should be able to record.It might be something to do with your time shift settings.If you downloaded the IPAB image there are instructions included in the zip file.

No,you can add a swap file to your hard drive and it won't affect anything.You would only loose everything if you initialize your hard drive .I did it on mine because my hard drive was not functioning as it should .If you have a multi sub on your IPTV you should be able to record.It might be something to do with your time shift settings.If you downloaded the IPAB image there are instructions included in the zip file.

So i can add a swap file to hdd without doing and initialisation of that drive first. i did install ipab and I followed the shift setting instructions.

So fellas. I did a reflash of the box and tried live pause and recording of a fta channel. Worked fine.
Provider added the line and straightaway fta channel live pause and recording..glitch freeze and corrupt.
Furthermore, ipab 1.3.6 disappeared and does not appear when pressing red button..this is really baffling.

Have you updated ipab as there have been a lot of updates recently.Normally,red button and yellow to update,or red button,and 1 and you should have a few update available there.If red button is not working try,menu/ipab or menu/plugins/ipad and see if that works.Not too sure about recording I never use it .You could check timeshift settings.

I switched to my old zgemma and live pause and recording etc..is working fine.
So it looks like the hdd in the duo2 is buggered.
Where can i can a new one?

I flashed it with ipab 1.3.6. I then initialised the hdd. Emergency update of ipab to latest.

Then installed extreameditor from an ipk setup my providers iptv settings and then forwarded my code to my provider.

Back