God some people are hard work!!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
jeeeeeeeeeeeees some people are hard work!!!

Just rang my CC company to say we are going to use card abroad and all he wanted to do was transfer money from my card to my bank???? WHY??? told him umpteen times we are NOT taking bank card with us just Credit cards, he said yes but if i transfer money you will have cash in your bank ( or in your hand as it were ( his words)) - dont want it in my bank FFS got me dollas with the cash i had in my bank. I just need to use cards abroad without them stopping them, so i rang them to inform them - how hard is that!!!!

about 1/2 dozen times he tried to sell me to transfer a balance from my card to my bank
I even explained that say my credit limit is £3000 and he transfers £2000 into my bank it then only leaves me with £1000 credit on my card - no good when i need the whole £3000 - But his answer again was i would have the £1000 in my bank to spend - well no f&cking good in my bank when im not here is it lol. We never take our bank cards with us as we know whats in there and what bills need to be paid whilst we are away, Any savings we have are in a set account that stays there until we get back so we can pay the CC as soon as we get home.

What i really want is money from my savings to be transferred to card so i can spend it, But you cant have a credit on your credit card account, so will have to spend money on card and pay it when we come back.

It that so difficult to understand???? i wouldnt mine but her was a southener like me lol!!!
God is it me being blonde or him LOL

No we wont use these foreign exchange passport cards either because it means having to transfer money from bank to there using my debit card ( they charge you) then IF i need cash they charge you to use atm machines AND when i come back IF there are any funds left they charge you to get your money back - but apparently it safer thank cash or travelers cheques - NOPE!!! coz american express if i ever loose a cheque they replace it and i dont get charged.

Oh and the twit in the travel agent told me that america do not like travelers cheques and some places refuse to take them WTF???? never heard that anywhere refusing to take amex travelers cheques. apparently they only take cash or the passport card - what a load of old bull!!!

Rant over for today lol!!!

Last time I was in US we spent travellers cheques like cash. No need to change them into dollars just spend and take change as cash. Made life really easy. They were amex dollar cheques tho.

Last time I was in US we spent travellers cheques like cash. No need to change them into dollars just spend and take change as cash. Made life really easy. They were amex dollar cheques tho.
Mog exactly even the smaller shops take them and give you change as to them its just currency. Never had a problem in all the yrs we have been using amex travellers cheques in the states. In fact i have never used any other type of cheque always amex as you know they are taken and trusted in the US. Plus they are not dated so have no expiry. Last time we took one for $100 had it in my purse for well over a yr from a previous holiday - used it 1st and no one even checked our siggy lol!

I do hate these " i know best" people that work in shops or for companies. just coz you got a crappy job and i aint............................whos the lucky one ME!!! i can afford not to have to sit and talk sh!te all day just to earn a few pennies LOL

It is not true that you can't have a plus balance on your credit card, if they won't do it for you electronically, get an old bill, and make a payment for whatever amount you wish to.
The problem with the staff member in question is that he/she has been told to sell as many products/services as they can, not to make your life easier.

That's right wheelo, if you make an electronic payment to your CC card it will put it in the black (Credit your balance) provided of course it has no outstanding debt.

guys i tried to do that on one of them ( cant remember which one) and it told me i couldnt make a payment as there was not debit on the card. We usually round up what ever we buy so if we owe say 99.31 i pay 100, that seem sstobe ok but if you have a zero balance and try to pay via their site it wont let you lol. well went and got my Amex cheques yesterday but will still use the plastic whilst away as we get Virgin airmiles :) -oops also hit it yesterday so got even more air miles :) but that will be paid off before we go . These companies dont like people like my hubby - we use the cards for convenience and airmiles or nectar points and always pay everything up so they never charge us any interest. Cant make much out of us which is probably why he wad trying to sell me something lol!

tried to do that on one of them ( cant remember which one) and it told me i couldnt make a payment as there was not debit on the card.

Buy something small to put the card into the red and then make a large payment. Computers only do what they are told and can't think for themselves, yet!

Failing that, you could ask this person for advice Linny. lol :leaving:

-

never top up your card when going on holliday, if the worst happens it is there dosh not yours, which means that they will try harder to collect it, repay when you come home, also all currency transfers are treated as one, so no muntible charges.

i've just had a stressful week and feel this new week will get even more stressful! For different reasons of course but comes down to people being hard work - sometimes you want to bash your head against the wall.

Back