1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by grog68, Jun 13, 2018.

1. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Update : Now working on OpenVIX as well as OpenATV.

This is my latest version of Grogbuild which should work on any enigma2 box.

I must admit, the new method to install is similar to Wooshbuild Infinity however it's a system that I've been using to build images on the boxes for some months, it's just been finished off a bit for general use.

There is no need to dig out a spare USB stick to download the build to and flash from, any Enigma2 set top box that has open ATV or openVIX installed can install Grogbuild FreeRange by just copying a single command line and when you put it on your Enigma2 box you will get the most up to date plugins at the time, unlike prebuilt builds that may have had old versions installed by the time you flash.

Features :
    • My 'Add a Line' plugin installed
      If you use a line it can be added simply using this plugin, no need to copy files over
    • My 'Movie Organsisor' Plugin
      used to arrange your tv recordings into folders.
    • My own top pic script to update top images in the menu's on the Vskin skins.
    • Install with a single line of code
      Once OpenATV is installed on your box just cut the piece of code we give below into the terminal on your box and sit back and watch.
    • Most up to date at time of flashing
      As the plugins are downloaded during setup they are the most up to date versions at that time, unlike a prebuilt build which could be weeks or months old.
    • Update online via software update
      Utalising the ATV or VIX Software Manager you can update the software as often as you like, even our own plugins if we update them.
    • Works with all Enigma2 set top boxes
      As we do not use an image in Grogbuild FreeRange it will install in just minutes on any Engima2 set top box that has openATV installed.

if you have not flashed the latest Open ATV 6.2 or Open VIX image then I have some instructions to install Open ATV
    (Vix is very similar) and once installed you can install and setup for Grogbuild FreeRange by following the steps below.

[​IMG]

• Step 1 (OpenATV): In your web browser open a new tab in the url bar type http://yourboxname ie if you have a zgemma h2h you would enter the url http://zgemmah2h, for a VU+Uno 4K you would enter http://vuuno4k, and you will see the OpenWeb Interface load up, in the menu on the left in the Extra's section you will see a Terminal link, click on this link and the virtual terminal will appear with a login prompt.
    • Step 1 (OpenVIX): Open Vix doesn't have the terminal installed as part of OpenWebIf so you will need to connect to your box by using a telnet program such as Putty. Open Putty and enter the IP address or hostname of your box in the server field and click on OK
    • Step 2 : Login in by typing the word root followed by the enter key. Now copy the all of code below:

[​IMG]

• Step 3(openATV) : Now in the OpenWeb Interface right click in the terminal window and select paste from browser and in the popup box press CTRL+V to paste the code and then click on OK.
    • Step 3(OpenVIx) Just right click on the putty window and the code should be pasted into the putty command line.
    • Step 4 : Press the enter key and the installation will now begin and you will be asked if you want to restore your settings. If you have installed OpenViX select no as you will need to restore once the build is set up, if using OpenATV you can answer yes if you backed them up BUT it will overwrite any settings just set by this setup, so if you have come from a different build some settings may not be correct.
    • Step 5 (NEW): If you opted not to restore your backup you will now be prompted to enter a hostname for your box, if you don't want to change the default hostname then just hit the enter key.
    • Step 6: Again if you opted NOT to restore your backup then you will now be asked to enter your cable NetID. Make sure you enter the full 5 digit net id. If not using cable, just hit enter.
    • Step 7: If, as above you didn't opt to restore backup then you will now be asked to select your Sky region, enter 0 if you are not using sky or the number next to your region followed by the enter key. You will then be asked to select your Freesat region, as with the Sky region, enter 0 if not using freesat or the number next to your region if you are followed by the enter key.
    • Step 8 : You will now be asked to select the default skin you want to use, enter the number corresponding to the skin you want to use.
    • Step 9 : Sit back and wait for installation to complete.
    Setting up Grogbuild FreeRange
    If you have restored your settings then your box should be ready and you do NOT need to do the following.

[​IMG]

• Step 1 : If your box uses an external usb storage then now is the time to plug it into your box if you haven't already.
    • Step 2 : If your storage device has not been used or initialed on an enigma2 box before then you need to do that now. Press the Menu button on remote and select Setup -> System -> Storage Device -> Initialisation -> YOUR USB DEVICE -> Red Button.
      Once the initialisation has completed, hold the power button on remote until a menu appears and select Restart Gui.
    • Step 3 : Make sure the storage device is mounted correctly by pressing the RED button on the remote and selecting Plugins -> Mount Manager and Your storage device should be listed and should say Mount: /media/hdd.
      If it does just press the exit button until you exit the menus, if it doesn't press the Green button to Setup Mounts and using the Left/Right arrows on the remote change the mount until /media/hdd is selected and press the Green button to save. Answer yes if prompted to restart the box.
    IF YOU ENTERED THE NETID AND/OR REGIONS DURING INSTALLATION THEN SKIP TO STEP 8
    • Step 4 : Now we need to set up your NetID, if you don't know it check my NetID map and select the Town closest to you. Press the Menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker->Providers
    [​IMG]

• Step 5 :If wanting Freesat (ie no premium channels) change FreeSat UK to Yes and then using the left/right arrows on remote change FreeSatUK Area to the Area you wish to use. Change the bouquet settings for Freesat as you see fit. I personally just have Main bouquet set to Yes (All Channels) with the other bouquet settings set to no.
    • Step 6 : If you have a Satellite Line and want the remaining premium change Sky UK to yes and then set the Sky UK:area to your area, and then again set Sky UK: generate main bouquet to yes(All channels) and as above set the sky uk bouquet options as you want.
    • Step 7 : Now move down to Virgin (UK):Area and using the left/right arrow keys scroll through the list of Net ID's until the one you entered in tuner config above is highlighted. DO NOT change the bouquet options. Press the Green button to save, and then exit back until you come out of menu's
    • Step 8 : On OpenATV hold down the blue button, on OpenVix just press the blue button quickly. Now select AutobouquetsMaker Scan.
    • Step 9 : Once the scan has completed, on Open ATV press the green button or on OpenVix hold down the blue button, now select EPG-Importer. Now press the Blue button and select Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV to open the options and then select each of the 6 options so each box is ticked. Press the Green button to save.
    • Step 10 : Press the Yellow button to run a scan. Select yes when prompted. On the right you will see 'Importing: Rytec xxx' once the importing has finished it will show 'Last Updated' with the date.
    • Step 11 : Press the Exit button and then select Add a Line and you can use this plugin to enter your line details.
    If you prefer a youtube video of instructions then here you go, based on using ATV. It's not the best amature home video but it should help.

If you have any questions please post a comment, if you like the build please leave a review at http://www.techkings.org/resources/grogbuild-freerange.59/

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    dougy b, gosnis, ngmassive and 9 others like this.
  2. grog68

So far this build has been tested on the following boxes:

Zgemma H1
    Zgemma H2
    Zgemma H2H
    Zgemma H4
    Zgemma H5.2tc
    Zgemma H7C
    Zgemma H9t
    Vu + Uno 4K
    Vu+ Solo SE
    Edison OS Mini
    Miraclebox Hybrid Mini
    Formuler F1
    Xtrend et8000 running openvix 5.2

Please let me know if you install on any other box

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. gr1pper

gr1pper Registered

Male
    Works fine on a Formuler F1, thanks for this

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
    grog68 likes this.
  4. grog68

Thanks for letting me know.

5. grog68

Nothing to hide really, Any plugins I use are available in public domain, some other builds use their own build specific plugins which for whatever reason are not publically available

jenseneveres likes this.
  6. grog68

Yes possibly, there are only a couple of plugins added to atv and another couple removed so very little more than a basic atv

celticfc likes this.
  7. grog68

Try enabling swap file, (red button -> Plugins -> Swap Manager

8. grog68

Sorry, what are you asking me to recommend?

If you are wondering whether to reflash then the phrase 'If it ain't broke then don't fix' stands well with me, if everything is working for you then leave it as is. On the other hand if you want to reflash to be more up to date then feel free to try this build, you can install the xtream plugin and the image has an 'add a line' plugin to add your line.

Idledawn likes this.
  9. y2s2408

y2s2408 Registered

Just tested on zgemma H1 and works fine.
    Nice small build pretty good for the older boxes in my opinion.

Thanks

grog68 likes this.
  10. ssdl27003

ssdl27003 Registered

great build well done

11. rago

rago Registered

guys is there any reason why when I try to connect my h5 2tc to webif its not being found but my h2h is ok

12. grog68

you using the ip or box name?

13. grog68

Check samba is running - menu -> setup -> system -> network -> Samba

14. rago

rago Registered

@grog tried with box and ip and samba is running using you last build should I go back to basic image an try it again

15. grog68

have you actually installed grogbuild freerange or are you stuck in the installation when you use open webif to enter the code?

I checked on my h52tc earlier and could access it via ip address but not by using the hostname (http://zgemmah52tc) but then I checkced and samba wasn't running so I started that, rebooted the box and now I can use the hostname.

16. rago

rago Registered

@grog just stuck on installation stage where I'm try to put code into webif

17. ssagster

ssagster Registered

Male
    Big Thanks! Worked fine on myZgemma star h2 with Vbolt skin.. stable and channels change a bit faster than before..2 second gap when going to menus but its an old box. To navigate to webif is http://zegemmash2 btw.

18. grog68

press menu button on remote and then select Information -> network and you should see your box ip address and hostname (zgemmah52tc) , now in the browser if http://zgemmah52tc (or whatever the hostname is) is not loading try http://ip.address ie http://192.168.0.23 and see if that loads.

rago likes this.
  19. y2s2408

y2s2408 Registered

Quick question something that is bugging me.
    When I go to the channel list and select a channel and press ok the channel changes on the top right but unless I press ok twice it stays the same.
    Not a big deal but just wanted to know if there is a way to change that.

20. grog68

grogbuild has always been the same, holding the OK down (long press) changes channel and exits, if you want to change so the short press of the zaps + exits then press epg button to get channels up, now press the menu button and scroll down to 'OK button (short)' and change it to zap+exit and then press the green button to save.