GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you add an option to skip Virgin at the setup stage please? For those who miss "If not using cable, just hit enter."

Can you add an option for the standard skin too?

I run it twice. Once after setting up OpenATV 6.2, this was OK. However, on the second attempt, I did so while the First Install Wizard was active. I got caught in catch 22 issue. Always restarting to FIW and Selecting language crashes with the following

23:19:04.1945 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
23:19:04.1947 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/LanguageSelection.py", line 91, in save
23:19:04.1948 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/LanguageSelection.py", line 141, in run
23:19:04.1950 { D } TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Can you therefore add the following line to settings file just in case someone else gets stuck like me?
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.osd.language=en_GB

I was trying this on a GB UE 4K
Why does the remote change to a Zgemma after running your script?

Can you consider not adding these lines

config.radio.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.radio" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.suls_iptv_uk_entertainment.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.radio.lastservice=1:0:2:845:15:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:

At the settings restore question, it is easy to type n/y instead of 1/2. Can you add the invalid selection notification or accept y/n?

I note that you delete the bouquets that openatv mandate. However the .del bouquets are still there and the lamedb file too. As most people will be running ABM after your script, can you also remove the .del bouquets and uninstall "enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat" that OpenATV install? That should remove the /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz

Thanks for the feedback, I will take a look at these today. I am concentrating on the setup option 1 for now. I have responded to some of the points below.

Can you add an option to skip Virgin at the setup stage please? For those who miss "If not using cable, just hit enter."
so you are suggesting a yes/no question before asking for the netid instead of just leaving netid blank, and then do the same for satellite? At the moment you are only prompted if you have a capable tuner.

Can you add an option for the standard skin too?
I will look at this, I'm not a vix expert, does vix have the same default_skin structure do you know?

I run it twice. Once after setting up OpenATV 6.2, this was OK. However, on the second attempt, I did so while the First Install Wizard was active. I got caught in catch 22 issue. Always restarting to FIW and Selecting language crashes with the following

23:19:04.1945 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
23:19:04.1947 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/LanguageSelection.py", line 91, in save
23:19:04.1948 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/LanguageSelection.py", line 141, in run
23:19:04.1950 { D } TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Can you therefore add the following line to settings file just in case someone else gets stuck like me?
config.misc.firstrun=False
config.osd.language=en_GB
Again now changed in option 1 setup script.

I was trying this on a GB UE 4K
Why does the remote change to a Zgemma after running your script?
I don't know the answer to this, my vu+ is flashed this way and openweif is showing the vu+ remote, where are you seeing the zgemma remote?
Can you consider not adding these lines

config.radio.lastroot=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "bouquets.radio" ORDER BY bouquet;1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.suls_iptv_uk_entertainment.tv" ORDER BY bouquet;
config.radio.lastservice=1:0:2:845:15:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0:
yes. done
At the settings restore question, it is easy to type n/y instead of 1/2. Can you add the invalid selection notification or accept y/n?
Done for the instaillation option 1 setup script
I note that you delete the bouquets that openatv mandate. However the .del bouquets are still there and the lamedb file too. As most people will be running ABM after your script, can you also remove the .del bouquets and uninstall "enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat" that OpenATV install? That should remove the /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz
again done for option 1 insstallation method.

For some reason now once flashed and settings sorted (using option 1 in instructions) it pops up with a message like 'you have no tuners configured for recordings', get rid of popup, run abm scan works fine, tuners are all enabled and box records another channel fine. there must be a setting I'm missing

Re Skins:
I was using ATV, so ViX does not come into the equation. Option 0 to leave the skin as the image has it.

Re NetID:
A simple prompt to say press enter if you are not using Virgin will suffice. As you do with Freesat. There is no need for an additional option.

Remote:
Not been able to reproduce it again. But I definitely saw it. Will let you know if I see it again and have a definite method of reproducing the issue

Tuners:
I doubt there will be a way to set tuners for everyone. Every box will be different. Users going into tuner config and checking/saving will ignore incorrect values.

sorted tuners out, the error I got appears to be because my timers where restored and there was a timer that should have been recording, I am assuming it tried recording before tuners where configured. I tried again once timer had ended and got no error.

Tuners should configure on any box during setup.

The default skin is now option 10, basically I don't set a skin if the default is selected so should work fine on both atv and vix. works on atv as just tested it.

will change wording on netid question

Remote, the setup shouldn't change the remote image, it doesn't change any of the default ATV images

If you tried installing grogbuild today, sorry I was doing a minor update and like an idiot worked on the live scripts rather then the development scripts

If you use installation option 1 to install Grogbuild FreeRange it now runs the autobouquetsmaker scan automatically once setup is complete, on ATV the setup ends on the bouquet list with just Favourites show as before but you will then notice the spinning graphic in top left corner of the screen, this indicates it is doing the abm scan. Once the spinning circle disappears you can exit out of the menu system and enter 101 on your box and you should get bbc1.

I have noticed sometimes the first time you press the epg button the Entertainment bouquet is empty, press the 'next' or '>' button on remote to jump to the next bouquet and then 'prev' or '<' button again and it is populated. I'm not sure why this is happening or even if it's build specific.

I have also added the Nit_analyzer plugin to the downloadable plugin feeds so if you have issues with loosing channels as discussed at http://www.techkings.org/threads/a-few-channels-not-clearing-abm-not-refreshing.140445 then you don't need to manually install the plugin, you will find it in the downloadable plugins list.

Hi All.

I'm after some help with Grogbuild Free range .. I've installed on Zgemma star H2. But when its finished I just get the monkey on screen. Nothing works ? If I press menu it just a black screen

Hi All.

I'm after some help with Grogbuild Free range .. I've installed on Zgemma star H2. But when its finished I just get the monkey on screen. Nothing works ? If I press menu it just a black screen
during the setup/install it creates a backup of the settings that where entered and then when to box reboots it restores these, this can take a minute or two but then the box restarts and it should end up on the 'bouquet' list. Did the box reboot a couple of times?

What is displayed on the LED display?

Which skin did you select? on the H2 I would not choose any of the 1080 skins as the older boxes don't like them.

Which skin did you select? on the H2 I would not choose any of the 1080 skins as the older boxes don't like them.
In your opinion m8, from what model zgemma box who you say you could use 1080 skins, i am using at h5.2tc, is that classed as old now?

In your opinion m8, from what model zgemma box who you say you could use 1080 skins, i am using at h5.2tc, is that classed as old now?

I use them on my h2s and H52tc without an issue, the Star H1 and star H2 struggle with them

I have been recommended this build. However I am getting the message "Structure Needs Cleaning". What does this mean?

I am installing on a Zgemma H2H with Dsayers dual Virgin and Sky build.

I have been recommended this build. However I am getting the message "Structure Needs Cleaning". What does this mean?

I am installing on a Zgemma H2H with Dsayers dual Virgin and Sky build.
I've not seen that one before but just a quick google of 'Structure Needs Cleaning' shows a result referencing Ubunto (a different flavour of linux) which suggests corrupt file system, the usb possibly.

At what point are you getting the error?

Try rebooting the box and then try again.

I've not seen that one before but just a quick google of 'Structure Needs Cleaning' shows a result referencing Ubunto (a different flavour of linux) which suggests corrupt file system, the usb possibly.

At what point are you getting the error?

Try rebooting the box and then try again.
Thanks for your quick reply. Rebooting the box seems to have done the trick.

Please note if you are installing Grogbuild FreeRange then even though you don't need a separate USB stick to download anything onto to flash the box you DO need a USB/HDD connected and initialiased on the box so there is space to store the files needed.

In recent weeks I have had numerous emails/pms etc asking some of the following:

I am trying to install Grogbuild FreeRange but I am getting not enough space or wget: short write errors, why?
I have IPTV and download the EPG info using epgimporter but there is nothing displayed on the EPG, do you know why?

In both cases it was because of lack of storage space and the users have said 'I don't use a USB stick as I don't record'. I must stress that thinking you only need a USB stick/HDD for recording is a myth. All boxes come with a minimal amount of internal storage, some more than others but this is meant for the OS system (ATV/VIX etc) and plugins etc. You may get away with the epg being stored on the internal storage as well but the chances are if you add IPTV then there will not be enough space. On top of that if you use picons and don't have a usb stick then that will use up a large amount of the internal storage.

In general the USB stick used to store the following :

Recordings
Timeshift (pause and rewind etc)
EPG info
Picons
E2Iplayer Cache
Box backups

This is the same for any build on any box, please spend the few quid and add the required storage (USB or HDD) to your box, it will solve a number of issues in the long ruyn and help your box run more smoothly.

Good evening everyone, this my first post here so I'm really sorry if I miss out some necessary information.

I have a H5.2TC that I have been running Ipab on since I got it. Recently I have been getting the 'failed to tune Virgin UK on tuner c' message, so I have reflashed it using this build (which looks great!)

Everything seems to be working fine except I can't get my line to work. I have tried adding it through the 'add a line' plugin but that didn't seem to work. I then tried to drop it on to the box through Filezilla but again I couldn't get it to work.

I know that the lines are active (I have two) but I just can't seem to get them to work. I know it's something I'm doing wrong and I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm sure there is valuable information that i'm not giving you but I don't know what you guys need as i'm a bit of a newb. Please let me know if you need anymore information from me.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Have you pressed red on remote selected soft cam panel selected the cams you need if so have you restarted them by pressing green?
What lines are you using?

Have you pressed red on remote selected soft cam panel selected the cams you need if so have you restarted them by pressing green?
What lines are you using?
Thanks for the response Graham, my lines start with CWS so have selected mgcamd_1.38r1 and I have restarted with green a number of times but doesn't seem to be working.

I'm pretty sure I have copied my lines across in to usr/keys/newcamd.list correctly.

Weirdly, Eurosport 1HD seems to be the only channel that is working? Not sure why that would be?

Double check the contents of your newcamd.list. Open the one currently on the box with notepad or a similar app.

It happened to me once, when I copied the file over, it didn't overwrite and kept the default original one

Press menu go into service searching tuner configuration press tuner B go down to region and select virgin media all systems and save!
Go on to manual scan and down to type of scan mines set to complete press on it and wait till scans finished it could take a while! 20mins
Then I go into autobouquet maker and update provider files and then start a scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back