Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Delete bouquets in abm then do an automatic scan in service searching for the cable tuner then run abm

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Right, made some big progress.
Decided to delete the bouquet and rescan, now i have all the channels listed but i can only view FTA SD, no FTA HD.
I've installed mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the keys folder and started the softcam but still can only watch FTA SD and certainly no Sky sports or anything like that.

Is there a website or a place to go that you can test your line.
I'm sure i've used one before

My line starts with CWS

Last edited:
Get a VIP or veteran to test your line, do not enter your details into any web site, your line will get banned.

Did you put the line in newcamd.list starting with CWS and leaving mg_cfg as it is without editing it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi
Can anyone test me line please
PM

---------- Post Merged at 09:47 PM ----------

Did you put the line in newcamd.list starting with CWS and leaving mg_cfg as it is without editing it

Yep, did exactly that.
Didnt touch the mg_cfg and put my line in the newcamd.list file and pasted them both into the VAR/keys folder
Also just to be sure, i'm using Mgcamd 1.38 yeah?? As i have this enabled

Also, network tests are fine and have restarted the network

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm trying to setup my os mini and I pressed a wrong button button on the remote. Wasn't able to do the step to pull in the corners of the user interface for the display settings. Hit the wrong button after setting my visibility. Can I get back to that initial setup and start again?

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 PM ----------

Ah right found it in the menu. Thanks anyway :-)

---------- Post Merged at 01:37 PM ----------

When I try to install Softcams on the OS Mini it isn't available. I get a message about the Linux kernel being changed? Does anyone know how I can get Softcam if it isn't available for download direct to the box? I've attached an image for you to see but the alert reads, "The Linux kernel has changed, plugins are not compatible. Install latest image using USB stick or Image Manager".

https://goo.gl/photos/tdQkZ2F2jm37G9oa9

Thanks bangord30. Just got the image you mention. Not sure how to Flash the new image to the box. Do you have a link to a decent guide for doing that?

It's easy (well, anything is once you know what you're doing!).

Download the image, unzip, put the main folder onto a USB stick (might be best to do a format - not a quick format either - first), power off at the back, put the USB in, power back on. Haven't used that box myself so don't know for certain but you may need to hold the standby button until it says it's flashing.

For ease and to see, you could couch flash. Vix menu, backup manager. Then image manager, download and restore latest version of Vix. Then restore settings?

Last edited:
A clean USB flash it might have to be but worth a try. You can even forget about restoring your settings in case and then try plugins, and then restore them. Just restore if you must really...

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Thanks bangord30. Just got the image you mention. Not sure how to Flash the new image to the box. Do you have a link to a decent guide for doing that?

There are guides on the "VIX" forum and also discussions about this Kernel issue. Are you sorted now??? It should all be ok in .24.

There are guides on the "VIX" forum and also discussions about this Kernel issue. Are you sorted now??? It should all be ok in .24.
Thanks bangord, got the box flashed with the latest image. Pretty easy yeah. Still waiting to test a line. Out today but hopefully have one to test tomorrow. Cheers for the advice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back