[Guide] OScam on Wooshbuild

ephumuris

Just spent a bit of time pooling info to figure this out and thought the information might be useful for some people.

0. The Goal.

I had my regular line that i'm mostly happy with, i then had an old line i had a few issues now and then with and what i wanted was to be able to use them both together. So they both send requests to the server at the same time and if one goes down it will seamlessly switch to the other server.

Two lines working together.

0.5. Overview.

1. Download OScam to your box.
2. Convert your line to OScam format (OScam.server).
3. Generic configs to work with your server file
4a. Transfer files to your box via USB.
4b. Transfer files to your box via FTP.
5. Fire it up!

1. On Wooshbuild press the Blue button on your remote, now choose Softcams and then Download Softcams. It will load a list of available ones. I went for oscam_ymod 18.64, select this and let it install. You now have OScam installed but it will need configuring soon!

2. Now you need to convert your line into OScam format. Here is an example of mine with two lines, each one starts with the header [reader]

Me said:
[reader]
label=my.server.com
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=my.server.com,12345
user=myusername
password=mypassword
inactivitytimeout=60
group=1
emmcache=1,3,31
blockemm-unknown=1
blockemm-u=1
blockemm-s=1
blockemm-g=1
[reader]
label=my.server2.com
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=my.server2.com,12345
user=mysernameagain
password=mypasswordagain
inactivitytimeout=60
group=1
emmcache=1,3,31
blockemm-unknown=1
blockemm-u=1
blockemm-s=1
blockemm-g=1

You can copy the above text, open a new notepad file, paste it in and edit your line details into it. Then select Save As, make sure the Save as type option is changed to "All Files" and the file is saved as oscam.server and ready to transfer to our box.

If the above text seems daunting it's really not, you open your line in notepad and copy out the bits you need into Label, Key, Device, User and Password fields.

Here is an example of my 2nd entry in my oscam.server file but as an N Line.

Me said:
N: my.server2.com 12345 myusernameagain mypasswordagain 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

3. Generic Configs for OScam are again simple text files that you can edit with notepad. But here are the ones i prepared for my own that you can download. These will work with your oscam.server file you made in step 2.

View attachment OScamGenericConfig.zip

4a. This is how to manually transfer the files with a USB stick,. Get a FAT32 formatted usb and put the two files from step three and the oscam.server file you made in step 2 onto it somewhere easy like the root directory. Plug this stick into your box and ignore any errors that pop up.

Press the green button on your remote and then scroll down the list and select Dreambox Explorer. Press ok on <List of storage devices> and then choose Usr, then Keys directory. Select your oscam directory mine was "oscam_atv_ymod". Delete out of this directory oscam.server, oscam.conf and oscam.user.

Now after deleting them select the top Parent Directory option until it takes you back to the list of storage devices. Choose your USB stick with the 3 files on, browse to each of the three files, and press the yellow button. hen it will give you a list of devices again, choose "Internal Flash" again, then Usr, Keys and your OScam directory. Press yellow to copy this file here. Now go to section 5 to enable the Cam.

4b. This is how you transfer files over FTP. Press the blue button on your remote and select Network, Network interface. In here you will see a line near the bottom saying IP Address, make a note of this as you will need it. On your pc using an FTP program like Filezilla for example you need to enter the IP Address you just got into the Host section. The User is root and the Password will be root too. Port 21 then connect. When it connects you will be presented with a list of directories on the internal flash, you need to browse to Usr, Keys and then your Oscam directory. Mine was called "oscam_atv_ymod". From this folder delete the three files oscam.server, oscam.conf and oscam.user. Now in the left side local pc part of the file manager browse to whatever directory you saved the generic config files to and your oscam.server and drag and drop them into the directory you just deleted the files of the same name from. The files will now be on the box now go to section 5 to enable the cam.

5. Press the blue button on your remote and select Softcam, Softcam panel. Now press right on cam 1 until you get to the OScam you installed in step 1. Mine was called oscam_ymod 18.64, when you see this press the green button on your remote and it will restart/enable the cam.

If you followed this right then your cam will start up and you will see it switching between the two servers in the info box below the cam select.

If anyone has trouble converting their line or needs any other steps clarifying just ask and i will update this as i see fit.

Last edited:
bit of a miss mash on the reader setup, your running an n line, but pushing it through a cccam. to much going on in the reader and no blocks to stop resharing.

Thanks gmangt4 why couldn't I have found that thread a few hours ago!! Great info in there. I see I should probably have the blocked for sharing in mine. Can someone explain what leader means about pushing an N line through cccam as I'm not sure what I've got wrong there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This is the oscam.server I'm using. It seems to work okay:

[reader]
label = SkyCCcam
enable=1
protocol=cccam
device=skyserver.net, port
user=username
password=password
cccversion=2.1.2
group=1
inactivitytimeout=1
reconnecttimeout=30
lb_weight=100
cccmaxhops=10
ccckeepalive=1
cccwantemu=0

[reader]
label = Skynewcamd
protocol = newcamd
device = skyserver.net, port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

[reader]
label = VMnewcamd
protocol = newcamd
device = vmserver.net, port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

Ah willo that helps actually. Just realised I have the ccc entries at the end of mine which are obviously not needed on a newcamd protocol.

A bit long winded and not entirely correct. I think some folk might get confused.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I've seen gmangt4 post now which I wish I found earlier. I'd seen his name mentioned around this subject a few times.

Can you elaborate on what's not entirely correct please as I need to learn and make sure I have a properly running setup.

Thanks guys.
I have been looking at installing Oscam for a while now.
First time reading through a tutoril on Oscam that it actually makes sense to me. :)

Cheers
Raz0r

little help please
On Wooshbuild press the Blue button on your remote, now choose Softcams and then Download Softcams. It will load a list of available ones. (am getting no options, just close or reload)

Back