H2H Auto Bouquet Maker Problem in Runcorn Cheshire

ljw2k

Hi all,Im running latest Wooshbuild on my H2H and set up a few in my area St Helens Merseyside but finding it difficult at a friends house in Runcorn Cheshire.

Everything is set up right and all working but when I go to bouquet Maker it says the Tuner is not configured and failed or something like that. I have set the Network ID for Runcorn which is 41048 in the tuner configuration.

In Reception settings in Tuner B the region was set to Virgin Media UK ( Ex CW ) as this was the only setting that the cable san would find channels so I presumed it was right. The Network ID was also set up in there to 41048.

I have tried enabling the sky tuner and disabling it also without any luck.

When I got home I set it up here at my St Helens address and Auto Bouquet Maker works fine.

Any Ideas please as to why Auto Bouquet Maker does not work in Runcorn at my friends address please.

there is a large thread on here somewhere about recent issues with ABM tuner failed in some area's, have you updated the abm provider files and then tried a new scan? Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Update Provider/conf files

Yes tried Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Update Provider/conf files and come up with no need to update files.

I did read the thread mentioned above but looks like there wasn't a final outcome.

How do I check if the net ID has changed, he does have an original virgin box will it say in the menu on that somewhere like system info?
What I don't understand is when I configured the tuner and set it to 41048 Runcorn ID and changed to Virgin Media UK ( Ex CW ) in the provider it finds all the channels so that must be the Network ID right?

Is there a way to take my bouquets of my box in St.Helens and use it on his box if so what is it I need is it the Cable.XML file or is there another plugin which would make bouquets for his area.

Yes tried Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Update Provider/conf files and come up with no need to update files.

I did read the thread mentioned above but looks like there wasn't a final outcome.

How do I check if the net ID has changed, he does have an original virgin box will it say in the menu on that somewhere like system info?
What I don't understand is when I configured the tuner and set it to 41048 Runcorn ID and changed to Virgin Media UK ( Ex CW ) in the provider it finds all the channels so that must be the Network ID right?

Is there a way to take my bouquets of my box in St.Helens and use it on his box if so what is it I need is it the Cable.XML file or is there another plugin which would make bouquets for his area.

change the setting in tuner config to Virgin Media UK (all systems) change netid to Runcorn and it should scan ok:

Attachments

• dvb-c settings.jpg
    dvb-c settings.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 13
I have tried the above and the below all come back with Tuner B fail error. I have installed the base version ATV first then wooshbuild all works perfect at mine no problems whatsoever but in Runcorn it just keeps coming back Tuner 2 failed for some strange reason.

Virgin Media UK ( PURE )
Virgin Media UK ( TELEWEST )
Virgin Media UK ( ex CW )

*EDIT* I don't have Tuner A enabled because I won't be using the satellite side of it. I don't think this matters as it's Tuner 2 is where I get the error reports when trying to update the ABM's but thought I better ask to make sure.

Last edited:
Yes and Yes mate Feed is fine I put the feed from the splitter to his original Virgin Box and all works fine so splitter and plugs are fine. I just can't get my head around why ABM do not work at his.

if you've not got 'all systems' showing in tuner config, you may need to reflash the box as this is what you need

Runcorn is classed as ex C&w and NTL so ex c/w should work but 'all systems' will almost certainly work:
Runcorn NTL EX C&W 41048 666.750 6.952
but saying that, there's no reason why st helens netid wouldn't work in Runcorn, try a scan in ABM at yours, take it to his and switch it on and see what happens, Widnes uses same netid as St Helens

Thanks for the quick reply and I have got " All Systems " in the Region Setting in Tuner Config. It was tried on this also but came back with Tuner 2 Fail.

I have my box all set up in St.Helens configuration and this does not work at his address in Runcorn as I have taken my box to his to show him Xtream working as I have this also setup on my own box.

Going back to his house Thursday to retry and I have put another fresh image on his box set it all up here with all his details and is working perfect no issues at all like mine.

Is there another way to get the bouquets in order other than ABM ?

I just had the exact same problem, tuner 2 failed whist trying to scan. This is what I did,

menu>pluggins>RED button> system plugins> remove autoboquestsmaker 3.0
then
menu>pluggins> GREEN button> system plugins > system plugins > reinstall autoboquets maker 3.1

menu> standby/restart> restart gui

menu> setup>service searchings>autoboquetsmaker> UPDATE PROVIDER files

then do the scan, hope the above helps

Back