H2H dumb Question time ??

BestGuess

Hi
I was wondering if this is possible I still have a H2H albeit now set up for Freeview UK. Since the fall of Vermin through Zgemma boxes in my area has happened and I reluctantly returned to legitimate Vermin Tv connection.If the Zgemma H2H was set back up as I had it for Vermin and connected to the the feed going into the V6 box (piggy back style) with a splitter would the Zgemma be able to get the Tv signal and make sense of it or would it simply not work.I know it’s a long shot but I though I would ask some advice before going to the trouble of setting it up.

Thanks in advance

You had a signal before and box will only give you sd 1-5 without a line.
What fall in your area abm or HD loss?

I thought vermin was still working in all areas, is that not the case, i know Leicester area has issues , but i thought it was back up and running again.

I thought vermin was still working in all areas, is that not the case, i know Leicester area has issues , but i thought it was back up and running again.
Like you, apart from the issues in Leicester, I've not heard of virmin not working in any area.

Hi all, can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong here. Okay so I’ve tried To get Freeview on my Zgemma H2H, terrestrial aerial cable fitted to tuner B (set to DVB T-2) country set to UK, region is Pontop Pike (my local North East) and enable 5V set to off. Scanned in ABM but no Freeview showing in EPG.

Have you set the provider info in tuner config or ABM Providers? For ABM to work you need to set the freesat up as a provider in ABM (menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Providers).

If you have done that, when abm scans does say how many channels it has found?

Have you set the provider info in tuner config or ABM Providers? For ABM to work you need to set the freesat up as a provider in ABM (menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Providers).

If you have done that, when abm scans does say how many channels it has found?
Hi mate yes I’ve done this in ABM and as it scans the loading progress bar shows it’s found Freeview channels but nothing showing in epg.

Hi mate yes I’ve done this in ABM and as it scans the loading progress bar shows it’s found Freeview channels but nothing showing in epg.
Btw I’ve set it in both tuner config and ABM. But I’ll run a check on your suggestion too just to make sure. Thanks again mate

Hi all, can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong here. Okay so I’ve tried To get Freeview on my Zgemma H2H, terrestrial aerial cable fitted to tuner B (set to DVB T-2) country set to UK, region is Pontop Pike (my local North East) and enable 5V set to off. Scanned in ABM but no Freeview showing in EPG.

Is there a little switch on the back of the box next to RF in? Try switching it to the other position if there is and scan again.

Did you reboot after scanning channels won't show till you do reboot .If channels are there but have no epg .First off go to menu /setup/system/epg/epg settings and change epg location to media usb or whatever your storage device is named as.Play a channel,epg will appear or download epg refresh from plugins/extensions. Once downloaded set it to refresh epg automatically at time of your choice, in the section entitled refresh epg using set to fake recording then green to save. Open epg refresh again and press blue then right on remote to change editing to say bouquets, press blue again and choose the all channels bouquet then green to save. It should start immediately but sometimes you have to open it again press yellow button and choose to refresh now.

Is there a little switch on the back of the box next to RF in? Try switching it to the other position if there is and scan again.
Yes! That switch was set to antenna off. Switched it to on and hey presto! Freeview is here! Thanks mate. Just need to get the actual programmes info in epg now as it’s blank. Thanks again everyone for chipping in.

Freeview epg will just populate through the aerial connection if I remember rightly, no need for epgimporter or crossepg.

Last edited:
Back