H2H issues flashing

Rudie

Hi,

I have a h2h that was running v6 of woosh with vm. I wanted to upgrade so I can play around with ip. So decided to watch some tutorials on YouTube and read posts on here.

So managed to get basebuild installed both v6 and v7, but when I come to start process after selecting country/region, it either complains about:

/hdd space
Bad zip file on the Flash Gordon page
Blue screen of death

I’ve tried a few flashes and have formatted the usbs using the format tool from then download page.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I’ve tried 3 different usb sticks without joy.

Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know if I’m doing anything wrong?

Turn off your sky shield / virgin surf safe or whichever isp you are using, their own 'protection' in the router - isp's are stopping the box downloading the rest of the flash files

I got the super hub 3 and I don’t think there are any restrictions on it. But I’ll double check it...

Have a look on the wooshbuild support thread ,you should find help there.Failing that try another build first to see if you have the same issues

to make changes to settings on the hub 3 you need to log in to your vm account via web browser however everyone I know with vm have not needed to alter anything in settings.
Id be looking towards the hdd/usb being mounted as hdd & not sda1 or user & formatted into ntfs also changing dhcp to NO & dns settings to googles 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but I don't use wb so unsure if you can access those during the install process

to make changes to settings on the hub 3 you need to log in to your vm account via web browser however everyone I know with vm have not needed to alter anything in settings.
Id be looking towards the hdd/usb being mounted as hdd & not sda1 or user & formatted into ntfs also changing dhcp to NO & dns settings to googles 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but I don't use wb so unsure if you can access those during the install process

i thought the drive had to be formatted as FAT/FAT32?
I did try to change the DHCP and dns settings to what you said last weekend, but they never seemed to have saved. DHCP saved but the DNS always went back to previous settings.

Hi,
Thanks to the replies.
So logged into my VM account (not my router)
Goto MyApps, Websafe
Click off Websafe.

This will let the download proceed.

I used a 8gb Flash drive (no brand)
Formatted using Format Tool from download section
Copied on Woosh v7

Now flashed.
Got sky and virgin tuners working together.
Next thing to try is to bring in iptv.
Thanks for all your help.

I am also havving issues flashing the latest v7 image onto the box, comes up with same error on flash page, I have super hub 3 and checked with virgin the child safe filters are off, any ideas ?

I am also havving issues flashing the latest v7 image onto the box, comes up with same error on flash page, I have super hub 3 and checked with virgin the child safe filters are off, any ideas ?
Hi

The filter to remove is not on the router itself but on your vm account. It’s called websafe not child safe

I have just spoken to Vm and they have said their are no restriction or filters on the account, I previously installed v6 with no issues maybe their server is down who knows

I have just spoken to Vm and they have said their are no restriction or filters on the account, I previously installed v6 with no issues maybe their server is down who knows

Child safe was off, virus safe was on, this all looks like it comes under the umbrella of web safe...
Do you think this will be the issue ?

I have now ftp the line to the box first mgmcam1.38 then this options has dissapeared from the cam list.
Then i tried to ftp a C & N line to cccam2.3.0 and now this option has dissaperaed from the box cam list.

What am i doing wrong :-(

Back