1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H2s or h5 2s ?

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by mikegally, Dec 9, 2016.

1. mikegally

mikegally Registered

Hi there,

has anyone switched from the H2S to the H5 2S.

Id like to know your experience of both, how do they compare and what are the main differences ?
    I cant find much information about peoples experiences with the H5 2s model.

cheers,

Mike

2. wooshman

wooshman VIP Member Forum Supporter

{Bodge Builder
    UK
    The only difference is CPU and that the H5 2S is capable of playing streams and videos which have been encoded in the H.265 format. This is a higher compression but less lossy format than the previous H.264

As the UK has no h.265 live streams and at present there isn't much in the way of pre-recorded stuff in H.265 format there is no difference at all - BUT there is nothing saying it won't be come big. It is also the same upgrade a lot of boxes are making.

Performance - Processor is dual core on the H5 2S, which is slightly better than the dual thread of the H2S.

3. djgarf

djgarf TK Veteran

Male
    Weston
    Although I do come across quite a bit of x265 encoded stuff its still nowhere near as popular as x264 is
    I guess things will change in the future but I can't see the warez scene making the change anytime soon which means x264 is still going to be the standard for a while yet

4. ran

ran Registered

Is the hardware different noticeable? If you were buying a new box, would be it worth paying the extra £14?