H2S Setting HDD for recordings and timeshift and USB for EPG

rennix21

Hi i currently have a portable installed on my Vix H2s. I want to remove this and install an externally powered HDD instead for the recordings and timeshift, then stick a 16gb usb in the front for EPG. What would be the best way to go about this? Do i need to stop anything first like timeshift and how do you do this?
Once i have everything plugged in do i need to initialise both of them, im assuming i can do one at a time and will they be labelled hdd and usb? Then is it just a case of going into settings and selecting where recordings, timeshift and epg go?
Is this the best setup for the box, to prevent hdd from spinning constantly? Thanks.

You're pretty much bang on and this is how i have mine set up, except i use the USB in the front for the timeshift too.

You'll need to move the swap file to the USB also otherwise i don't think the HDD will spin down.

I have seen this somewhere on the forum in one of the image threads for the zgemma: The zgemma H2S has an SD slot that people wanted to load picons, epg etc onto in order to stop hdd spinning constantly, If I recall correctly the recommended max SD card was 64gb

Yeah i also read that either vix or the h2s doesnt like the sd card and wont work? I was looking at this option alright as it would look a lot neater than a usb hanging out of the front, can anyone confirm if the sd card would work for sucmnsee vix and h2s?

Does anyone know how to stop timeshift, then start it again after i replace the hdd? Is it done from the "auto start timeshift after"

Dont think timeshift will have changed from how you had it set as that is stored within the box setting, simply initialize hdd, create swap file, check mount location (probably the mount that needs looking at)

Back