H2s with 3pm football kickoffs

Hi Guys,

I've read previous posts regarding sportsmania, IPTV etc and all others for the 3pm kickoffs on Saturdays. I have a query by one of the guys I work with that wants one of these boxes, I can sort that out for him no worries, but he's asked if its able to get the 3pm football? Now for me football isn't my thing so it's never been of interest in any of my set ups, I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully and stably added a channel to kodi direct that can cover it? A lot of the older posts say 'stay away' , 'don't bother' ?
I'm checking out the sportsmania stuff and obviously its a 'you subscribe' service, pay your dues and away you go but has anyone had any issues running it through they're H2s?
Guys, I appreciate your input and your time, pointing me in the right direction or even if its a simple search harder on the forum lol.
Cheers
finchy1975

If the provider uses an m3u file then just download it and use the "local media" app inside the iptv plugin to display the channels, kodi is way to slow and has very few working addons worth having.

Also remember that there is a Saturday 3pm game shown on the Republic of Ireland Sky Sports 5 which is available on these systems even for folk in the UK. If he's just after 'a game' as opposed to his team then that might be enough for him. You can see the listings here:

Sky Guide TV Listings – Find And Record TV Shows In Our 7-Day Planner - Sky

(change options at the bottom: All channels -> Sports, Region to Republic of Ireland )

Otherwise it's paid IPTV as already mentioned. SmoothStreams are supposed to be good.

I have Sportsmania running on my zgemma and it's superb :) use TSMedia and it's £26 for 6 months £1 a week ... mainly use it for BEIn and Rangers tv or as you say other 3pm kick offs

RossB:

I'm interested in rangers TV.
Do u get all games live?
Any issues with the stream quality?

How do u go about loading it into the h2s?

Thanks.

If the provider uses an m3u file then just download it and use the "local media" app inside the iptv plugin to display the channels, kodi is way to slow and has very few working addons worth having.
Is the local media app installed by default? I had a look in the iptv plugin and couldnt find it.
Cheers

I recently had issues with sportsmania I couldn't get it to work on my H2S but works flawlessly on my 2S and laptop.

After reading a few post I was able to get sportsmania working flawlessly on my H2S what I did was to delete kodi from my box and ftp the latest version of kodi think its 3.1 to my box open and install kodi 3.1 on my box then I ftp the latest version of sportsmania 3.2.2. when you ftp the files over you need to place them in the correct location on your box.

kodi need to go here: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

sportsmania needs to go here: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect/plugins

Once you install sportsmania go to setup add user name and password and also set hlsenable from false to true make sure you save everything exit sportsmania and re-enter and you should be all up and running. This has been mentioned by someone else on the forum but i cant seem to find the thread.
It works fine on kodi 3.0 as well as 3.1

I have TSMedia and Sportsmania installed on my Zgemma H2S but everytime i select a channel to watch it just freezes. Has the Blue Sly loading circle top left of screen. Can ANYONE help! I'm goin out my mind trying to sort this.

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ----------

I have found it works fine on Kodidirect! Weird...! On TSMedia do you need to change hlsenable from false to true??

Stkrk7 - Thanks for the excellent guide. I'd have never worked that out! I did have a problem installing the plugin but found that FTPing it to the HDD and choosing Install From Zip File from that location worked fine, so if anyone is having a similar problem, try that. Cheers for the heads up!

Stkrk7 - Thanks for the excellent guide. I'd have never worked that out! I did have a problem installing the plugin but found that FTPing it to the HDD and choosing Install From Zip File from that location worked fine, so if anyone is having a similar problem, try that. Cheers for the heads up!

Great glad to help and glad you got it all up and running, you are correct it works equally as well and you can get other plugins that are not listed in the kodidirect repos and ftp them to HDD and like you say install from zip. Tbh I only use sportsmania on kodidirect for the 3pm K/Os and use IPTVplayer for movies and have my line set up for sly. I keep reading that many plugins don't work with kodidirect.

I got sportsmania to load once through kodi but keep getting this message on screen now (Error! Submit log/tmp/e.log.)

I got sportsmania to load once through kodi but keep getting this message on screen now (Error! Submit log/tmp/e.log.)
You do get that sometimes it depends on which one you went on for example if you went on 3pm kick offs on sunday 10 oclock it won't work you will get that error some I think depend on the time you go on it has to be 5 minutes before the kick off time.
Try other channels if you get some of them working say SSN then its all good mate
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Back