H5.2TC v H3.2TC - Difference?

anthonyf

My H2H has just died so was looking to buy an upgrade. I noticed that there’s a H5.2TC out there (ebay) which is £10 less than the H5.2TC, but i can’t pick up what the differences are. Been onto another website to look at he specs but they also look identical too. Any help appreciated.

The h3.2tc is basically the h2h with a twin cable tuner, the H5 is bit more powerful.

i bought a h5.2tc of ebay, it was £9 cheaper and came next day

bought a h4 of ebay, it wasnt good, something wrong with the box itself, sent it back not a problem at all

I've just got a 64gb micro usb stick in the front slot. You can still close the front flap so it looks nice and tidy.
You can also use an SD card or MicroSD in an adapter.
I've got my NAS shares mounted so I tend to record and play movies from that.
I don't use mechanical hdd's, I think they draw too much power but that's just a personal opinion.

Just got an H5-2tc off Ebay for £76.85. Works like a dream with Wooshbuild 7. Great to be able to record one channel whilst watching another one and it's much faster than my old H1 and seems quicker than my H2H

From the specs the only difference between the H3 and H5 is that the H5 supports H265, the H3 only H264. Everything else is identical.

Both boxes should run at the same speed As far as I can see and if you're not bothered about H265 video, then the H3 is around £10 cheaper on Ebay and official store

I would concur with buying from official store if prices were around Ebay prices but the H5 is a little overpriced at£84.99, whilst the H3 is more reasonably priced at £67.99.
Both are great boxes if you have cable but not much use for Sat.

look here
https://www.zgemma.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

thats the official forum sponsor,
I recommend NOT buying off ebay, or any other popular auction site for that matter

the H5.2tc is slightly more powerful than the 3.2

there is also the Formuler F1 which is twin sat and one cable which is a LOT more powerful than either the zgemma's
Great box, I've got 2 now. Kodi and picture in picture support supported.
hi will, does the formuler box do vm, and how easy is it to set up?

Natively it's a twin sat tuner but at the moment they are selling for £89 including an extra cable tuner.
Same as any other E2 box to set up. Use someone's build or DIY.

Back