H52TC LED Clock display

budgie300

Hi guys, recently got an H52TC and have it set up and working nicely for both Vermin and Sly. One little annoying problem that I have and can't seem to sort out is that the LCD clock display freezes in standby, once the box is brought out of standby the clock kicks back in and updates to the right time. I flashed with wooshbuild for the H52TC and am using kiddac's SLYK HD skin. I've played around with the settings in the permanent vfd clock plugin but with no luck. Anybody else have this problem and get it sorted or is this not changeable?

On my setup I don't use permanent vfd clock, I set the display to alternative skin. Menu -> Setup -> Usage & gui -> Display -> Skin Setup -> Alternate Skin and the time displays all the time.

Hope that helps

Grog does your clock display actually refresh OK?
When openatv messed about and changed those settings I tried that and the clock wasn't updating on the display properly.
*edit* just disabled permanent vfd and the clock now seems to be working right, I didn't check it after I installed ATV 6.1 lol

It was needed a couple of weeks back as I said above the clock was not updating properly when a different skin was installed. It seems ATV have now fixed it. Will let woosh know.

Its still not working right. I'm watching a recording on my box and the time is still the same as when I started watching it. If I stop what I'm watching the time then jumps to the correct time. Really weird.

Sorry to jump in on this thread I am having trouble when ffwd a recording for some reason the box crashes and stays spinning in the top left hand corner. I am on wooshbuild v6 and am using an external hdd 300gb on an h5 2tc box. I have to physically turn the box off to remove it.

I prefer the old way
Sorry to jump in on this thread I am having trouble when ffwd a recording for some reason the box crashes and stays spinning in the top left hand corner. I am on wooshbuild v6 and am using an external hdd 300gb on an h5 2tc box. I have to physically turn the box off to remove it.
Do you have the issue when using timeshift? ie rewinding live tv?

Its still not working right. I'm watching a recording on my box and the time is still the same as when I started watching it. If I stop what I'm watching the time then jumps to the correct time. Really weird.

Well that is bizarre, just checked and mine is the same!!!! Clock updates in standby and when watching live to but when watching a recording it freezes. Also just checked my timeshift and this now no longer works. Think I'll be putting permanent vfd clock back on

Well that is bizarre, just checked and mine is the same!!!! Clock updates in standby and when watching live to but when watching a recording it freezes. Also just checked my timeshift and this now no longer works. Think I'll be putting permanent vfd clock back on
Timeshift no longer works? did it work when using the permanent clock? or had you not used it. What skin are you using?

Timeshift no longer works? did it work when using the permanent clock? or had you not used it. What skin are you using?

Sorry Grog scrap that, timeshift is now back working, was an unrelated issue with my microsd card not having enough space, just so happened to occur at the same time as removing permanent vfd, sorted now.
Clock still freezes on recording playback but I prefer that to the frozen in standby state, cheers for your help

I'm having no issue with timeshift but the time isn't updating when playing back a recording, I will have a look tomorrow to see what I can find

Just noticed that now my clock is keeping time when on standby with the vfd plugin.
Had a look in my settings file and noticed config.skin.display_skin=skin_display_alternate.xml

Can't remember seeing that in the settings file before. Had a quick look around the box but can't seem to find that file, thought it would be in usr/share/enigma2 but its not.

Last edited:
if you set the display skin to default then the config.skin.display_skin is removed from settings, set the display skin to alternate as I mentioned before then the line is added to settings

the xml file is in /share/enigma2/display/

I'm still having the same problem
Can someone be clear on how to fix this please
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back