Had channels 1-5 SD but now gone.

Ok so bought a zgemma box recently and managed to get channels 1-5 in sd,i also had the complete sky EPG but didn't have an active line so the paid channels wasn't active,only 1-5, i was trying to get a line on and somehow lost the channels 1-5 i had and also the whole EPG. All its says no is dvb service. The whole process of getting a line of this zgemma h2h box is doing my head in.

which build are you using?

Sky epg? - are you on cable or sky?

what have you got the tuners set to in tuner configuration?

if you're on cable, tuner A is set to 'not configured' and tuner B is set to enabled, it should have your netid in there and be set to scan your service provider

zgemma can be a bit temperamental. Any problems with them, dont bother trying to fix them. just back up your goodies and reflash a fresh image from scratch or a backup.

my guess would be VM if he getting 1-5 SD. Sounds like his mg_cfg file may be wrong or his line not entered correctly. No dvb service may be coincidence when mucking about with his tuner settings.

mg_cfg would not effect his 1-5 sd nor his epg.

I think you should concentrate on getting that fixed then sort your line out. Have you tried runninng abm scan again? if that comes up with a tuner fatal error or something then make sure your cables are connected correctly and the f-plugs have not worked loose off the cable etc.

Decided to have another go at this. I have checked all the cables and everything is correct. All I have on my screen is an image saying ipab TV and openATV 6.0 and version 1.3.5 . Any idea on what I need to do to get the channels 1-5 back?

Make sure ABM is set correctly for your region, and then run it.

If it errors, it could mean you've been disconnected at the cabinet (if you don't have any VM services) or your tuner in the box could be duff.

mg_cfg would not effect his 1-5 sd nor his epg.

I think you should concentrate on getting that fixed then sort your line out. Have you tried runninng abm scan again? if that comes up with a tuner fatal error or something then make sure your cables are connected correctly and the f-plugs have not worked loose off the cable etc.

Hi was wondering if u could help? I've got the h2h and this morning I've woken up to only channels 1-5 SD and nothing else I've tried all the rebooting the box my router etc cables are fine and screwed in correctly, scanned channels over and over agin but still no luck. All I get is black screen on the other channels....But I can't think of what the problem or solution is !?

Thanks in advance. :(

Is your line still active, on a paid channel blue button on the remote down one, then ok twice so you are in your softcam, do you have an active line to your server,

If you have no ecm your line could be expired or a server issue.

Is your line still active, on a paid channel blue button on the remote down one, then ok twice so you are in your softcam, do you have an active line to your server,

If you have no ecm your line could be expired or a server issue.

Thanks for the response, I just checked what u asked and in "select cam 1" It says mgcamd_1.38r1
Select cam 2 says "no cam"

I've done network tests and it is all enabled with everything green showing up so no problems there either...
my provider responded but only suggested my internet is dropping but it is not as I have an app that tests my internet strength and it's at it's maximum. I'm going to try some new coax cables tomorrow and hopefully works and also a new splitter. Although I feel I am clutching at straws with this idea l

Thanks for the response, I just checked what u asked and in "select cam 1" It says mgcamd_1.38r1
Select cam 2 says "no cam"

I've done network tests and it is all enabled with everything green showing up so no problems there either...
my provider responded but only suggested my internet is dropping but it is not as I have an app that tests my internet strength and it's at it's maximum. I'm going to try some new coax cables tomorrow and hopefully works and also a new splitter. Although I feel I am clutching at straws with this idea l

Go back to softcam panel, make sure mgcamd1.38 is showing in active cam, then click green to restart the softcam

Obviously don't report your provider on here, but it should display the name and port from his server, with ecm times,

Missed that point, green button to restart but you had already told him to restart it,
Go back to softcam panel, make sure mgcamd1.38 is showing in active cam, then click green to restart the softcam

Just tried what u said and no luck, info underneath says no new ecm info. My mate has the same provider as me and i spoke with him earlier and he said his box is running fine no issues whatsoever and he is only 10 minutes from where I live :/ just can't get my head around it I've swapped coax cables round made sure they are right rebooted router and the box itself, but I'm still just left with channels 1-5 SD Been trying to fix it all morning and afternoon.

Just tried what u said and no luck, info underneath says no new ecm info. My mate has the same provider as me and i spoke with him earlier and he said his box is running fine no issues whatsoever and he is only 10 minutes from where I live :/ just can't get my head around it I've swapped coax cables round made sure they are right rebooted router and the box itself, but I'm still just left with channels 1-5 SD Been trying to fix it all morning and afternoon.
Also my snr is 73% so no issues there either.

how long have you had the line as they only last a certain length of time

Also, is the line a CWS line as you may need to change softcam if it's a C or N line

Back