Had channels 1-5 SD but now gone.

how long have you had the line as they only last a certain length of time

Also, is the line a CWS line as you may need to change softcam if it's a C or N line
I've had it since the end of November/early December... and it was a 12 month payment. I don't know about the end of ur message as when I brought the box it was all ready set up for me to plug in and watch pretty much. I figured if my friend has no issues then it must be something I can fix my end maybe .... I'm going to get some new shorter coax cables as mine are pretty long without needing to be ( don't know if that matters), and a new splitter because the interference I receive from other devices in my house whilst they are connected to the wifi is pretty bad when trying to watch Tv before this current problem.

poor quality cables and splitters could make things worse.
make sure you buy technetix or tratec splitters and good quality cables
This won't get the channels back though - they were fine up to today with the old equipment, either the line has expired or become corrupted in the box would be my best guess.

poor quality cables and splitters could make things worse.
make sure you buy technetix or tratec splitters and good quality cables
This won't get the channels back though - they were fine up to today with the old equipment, either the line has expired or become corrupted in the box would be my best guess.

Yes that's true there have been no issues until today, I'll keep trying to contact my provider and hopefully get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the responses much appreciated. Fingers crossed

Quick test is to try a test line from another provider, that way you know if its your provider with out spending if you don't need to,

Yh that makes sense tbf. I'm not very up to scratch with how it all works and what to do with testing new lines etc, if it's fairly easy to explain and quick then I'm all ears

Download filezilla first, you can use this to connect to your box
Once downloaded, check your box menu information network for the I.P address.
open filezilla, enter the I.P in the first top left box and the password maybe root or blank, then connect.
In the remote site, right side scroll down to USR click once,
underneath scroll down to keys,
There you should see newcam.list, right click and select View / Edit, open local file, this will display your mgcamd file details,
Get a test line and paste the details underneath your current details, It should be a CWS= server etc etc, close the file and save it, then go to your softcam panel and restart the cam.

If you're friends box/line is working fine and he's not far from you, could you take your box to his and test it there? if it works then it's your connection somewhere.

hi i am having the same problem my line is a CWS line what do i need to change my softcam too ? thanks
Your line should be in a file called newcamd.list and stored in /usr/keys folder, then in the softcam manager cam 1 needs to be set to mgcamd and then restarted

Decided to have another go at this. I have checked all the cables and everything is correct. All I have on my screen is an image saying ipab TV and openATV 6.0 and version 1.3.5 . Any idea on what I need to do to get the channels 1-5 back?
The Ipab image you are using is out of date,There have been quite a few updates since then so I would reflash your box with the latest image.It it should be 1.3.6 037.1 now and also the newest image requires a minimum of a 64gb usb stick.

Hi can anyone help please, I have ipab 031.1 the channel attheraces 415 is dead with no epg in the sports bouquet, but the other feed is working good. is it possible to relace the dead feed with the good one into sports bouquet 415 ? thank you

Hi can anyone help please, I have ipab 031.1 the channel attheraces 415 is dead with no epg in the sports bouquet, but the other feed is working good. is it possible to relace the dead feed with the good one into sports bouquet 415 ? thank you
Yes ,you can just add the working one to the sports bouquet.Highlight the working one,press menu,add to bouquet and select sports bouquet.

Back