Has anybody got a boss like this...?

He makes a crew of 100 turn up at work, and decides its too dangerous to go out and work (I'm a binman in North Hertfordshire) at 7.00am, makes everyone stand in a cold warehouse with no access to hot drinks...or cold for that matter...just to tell you at 10.00 that now you may leave the premises. same agai tomorrow, probably not going out o the job but our faces must be shown in order to get paid.
I wonder how many of the 100 crew value their life at £50 or less...

Well at least he had the sense to say it was too dangerous!
Sometimes these guys just cant see the bigger picture, im sure he had a cosy office to wait around in, if something like that happened where i work there would be hell to pay.
You wouldnt see a hundred of us standing around in the cold!
Make sure ye all get paid for the day! Ye showed up for work after all!

the boss, like many other people, forget that they are just a small cog in a big machine, and don't like to make decisions in case their bosses don't like them. I had an experience like that recently in Dublin bus where I was met by a skating rink, when i called it in, I was told there was nothing he could do as his superior had made a call on the safety of the area.
Needless to say that after a phone call to my depot manager, my area manager, the overall boss and the health and safety manager, my route was re-routed, and the initial superior got a flea in his ear for his troubles.

as you obviously work for the council - i can believe it! but yes make sure they pay you as its NOT your fault you could not do the job your BOSS SENT YOU HOME!!!

sorry for shouting but, if your in a union - or any of your work mates are check with them! Were i am we know that the binment wont be coming this week, then never do if its sonw or ice on the roads, they dont bother to grit the roads so cant get the bin lorry up/down them.

Awesome, I can't believe of all the replies it's u. thanks 4 the chill advice m8, alot calmer now, bit of wii party with the little one an I'm back down to earth

we aim to please lol! and we all need a rant - believe me im good at it lol! your safety is more important than your job ( ok pennies to are important)

Back