Has Anyone Ever Used Open box 4 U

The Miraclebox you are looking at is a single tuner sat box. You can record on it but it locks itself to the channel while recording is taking place.
Which is fine if you are going out and want to record something.£79
plus a USB stick to store the EPG on £5 or a USB HDD, plus your line £40 per year for a good reliable service.

Edision OS Mini 2 x DVB-S is slightly slower, but is still a good machine, don't be put off, it works fine, it's just that the Miraclebox is very fast for the price. You can record and watch another program while recording is taking place,
assuming you have a shotgun cable( a cable from your sat dish with two F connectors on). £99

Add a USB HDD for about £30 to record to and store the EPG, add a line approx £40 as mentioned earlier.

What about speed ? processor speed can be seen when changing channels and scrolling through the EPG mainly.

They both use Vix so will look exactly the same from a menus and EPG point of view.

Both E2 boxes so update the channels and EPG automatically for you.

You really need VM broadband if you want a cable box with HD channels.

Last edited:
The Miraclebox you are looking at is a single tuner sat box

Copycat!!! lol

Can you recommend a sat/cable combo, in case when he moves they only have cable? therefore he could use his sat where he now lives, then change(if necessary) to cable?

Ohh I get yeah,

Edision do a combo for the same price as the twin sat.

Next cheapest is the Technomate combo for an extra tenner it is as fast as the Miraclebox mentioned above. (y)

Guys apologies for the late reply, Been out at the football.

Had a look at the technomate. Doesn't look quite as cool but if your saying its as fast and will do the job I need it to do then thats whats important here. I can do £109 if thats the right one? also when I was looking around on world of sat i found this WeTek Play Full HD Android Google licensed / Kodi / OpenELEC Satellite Receiver / Media Player

Is this a TV box with an android os I could get kodi on? So 2 in one basically? That sounds interesting.

Wetek is basically an android IPTV box that you can add a sat or cable tuner to.

The only problem is the tuners are reported to be weak, so the picture quality isn't great.

E2 boxes have IPTV plugins, they are getting better, but it this stage from what I can tell
most buy two separate boxes. IPTV box like the MXQ is about £35 all set up, loads on Ebay

Hi, sorry to go through this again for another new comer.
My sky is cancelled in a week and I was seriously considering an open box with all sky channels for £170, but after reading this tread, I want to doing myself.
I've got the money for as soon as it goes off.
If the "gift" is £40, (is this the sky channels? How does it work and where do I get one?) then I have £130 for a receiver.
I want to be able to record 1 channel and watch another. What the best for the money?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potnoodle
Loads of reading up to do on this subject on here.
My personal opinion and choice would be a zgemma h2s.
Twin tuner so can watch and record at same time (2 sat feeds rqd) priced at @ £80.
Get a 32 gb USB drive @ £12 and purchase a line thru the forum from a choice of suppliers.
I use the wooshbuild version which does everything you need and is fairly simple to set up for a new user.
Lots of people use this so there is plenty of support.

Thanks!
How does it work though? (I'm useless with this stuff) I followed a link earlier and you had to put if you needed "c" or "n"

Request an "N" line via the general satellite section but not until you have the box and request a test line first to check how good it is.

Thanks for that.
I'll get myself a box this weekend [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Yeah I thought it might be pushing it to have both on the same box and keep quality high.

So in your opinion do you rate the Technomate hight than a zgemma. I see a lot of talk about the zgemma around here seems a popular choice.

Im not really bothered about recording I just want a smooth ride and good quality really

Just received my zgemma h.2s today.
Could someone tell me the next step(s) please?

Back