Have zgemma h2s, what to put on it?

vix2000

I have bought an H2S with openvix on it. The TV and sly interface are good but the apps, especially Kodi/exodus are awful. I use it in conjunction with my nowtv running plex which I use for on demand (not the best).

From searching on here I am led to believe that Vix is not the best, and there are better alternatives that run Kodi better. I currently have the zgemma in the bedroom and have cancelled my sky mukti room. I am hoping to cancel sky for when my contract ends at the beginning of February, so am looking for advice to replace it.

So I am looking for suggestions for what would be the best sky replacement. I could buy another zgemma and possibly try a different system on it? I bought mine fully set up, but think I could attempt it myself now. If successful I could also re-do the current box (would I loose my Sly if I did this?).

I also have an apple TV2 on which I have Kodi but am having problems with all the apps I have installed. I was wondering if I could use this?

So I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment and would welcome anyones advice on this. Basically I do like the interface on the zgemma as its much like my sky box which is familiar. But the apps are a lot of faffing about. My SIL's firestick is more efficient, but no sky interface.

Sorry for the rambling, all help appreciated.

In my opinion openvix is the best image. Kodi direct and exodus add ons for enigma 2 are nothing to do with the vix image. You want a firestick/box to run full kod.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Remember these are satellite receivers first and foremost. The extra bits are third party additions that add that extra benefit of owning one.
To watch iptv material best ones are IPTV PLAYER and Albatross which are available via the plugins menu.
The only receivers capable of running full kodi are the VU range.
As others have mentioned you're better off with a Firestick or android box for kodi material.
I personally use a Firestick and apply the Paradox build with additional applications such as mobdro and showbox. You then have the complete media world at a touch of a button

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

so are you looking a sat box or a kodi box?

if you want a box that will do both, get the credit card out

Back