havent a clue

yorkybrom

hi peeps need help, i have a vu solo2 se box about 6 months old. it was working fine then its just stopped. i have checked all leads ect ,all i get is a red light on right side and a pulsing set of red rings front left, with the display on t.v of no signal.Have tried rebooting with usb but no joy.need help if possible to clear it and restart if anyone understands that...

hi m8 right first of all need to find out if box is a copy/clone and is that the full name on box and can you remember where it was bought from?
can you stick up a photo of issue so we can see what its doing.
clone boxes suffer from power issues and might need a new power supply.
does box do anything when you see the no signal and i hope you did not try plugging/unplugging while powered on.

hi bud, pics aint too good but hope they help. the box was brought from a person who was working with andy blac, it was working fine then just stopped working, i checked hdmi ect and all ok, we get a blue light on and a pusing set of red rings, but nothing else i have a flash key but nothing happens cheers

Attachments

• 20180404_152940.jpg
    20180404_152940.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180404_152954.jpg
    20180404_152954.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 22
the trouble is trying to identify if box is a clone as if you flash openvix image onto box it may brick it.
can you remember what image was on box?
clones can fail with a bad power supply.

hi bud, pics aint too good but hope they help. the box was brought from a person who was working with andy blac, it was working fine then just stopped working, i checked hdmi ect and all ok, we get a blue light on and a pusing set of red rings, but nothing else i have a flash key but nothing happens cheers
That's a vu+ solo 2 copy by sunray. There great copies, I have a couple myself. If you re-flash the box you need the vu+ solo2 firmware. Put it on a fat 32 formated USB stick, put in front USB port, turn box on and press pulse looking button on left side six times. If the box won't reflash then it's bricked

does this help at all?
All that tells you is it has openatv version 5.2, which is old. Try downloading a new image from openatv or openvix for the vu+ solo2 and reflash as my message said. It does sound like the flash chip has gone but without rs232 cable etc it's hard to know

hi bud, im 59 yrs old so take it easy with me lol..i take it a rs232 cable is a basic printer cable? and i have a pc as well

This is the rs232 cable you would need
https://goo.gl/images/UZXTvg
Male connections on both ends.
You then need to connect your box to the pc using that cable. You will also need hyper terminal on your pc. Once you get that far check back and I will explain rest

my worry is with a clone receiver not to use openvix,any sticker on underside of box like v1 or v2,i dont use clones so not sure but hopefully other clone users can advise better?

Back