Having issues flashing zgemma H1

Samster1

Hi

I have had a zgemma H1 for many years and has worked flawless during most of that time up until recently. The audio started to unable to turn off narration on most channels. Having researched the problem it seemed I had to update my image on the box. I had previously tried the settings and adjusted them ac3 track etc. That didn’t work so as I said above I found out the only way to fix the issue was to update the firmware.

I bought a virgin themed firmware from eBay with the sound issues being already fixed but unfortunately my box won’t flash. It reads the usb stick I have tried many different sticks. I have performed a low level format and even tried the hp format disc tool. That kept saying usb was write protected so using. Cmd prompt removed that but still no joy. I remember years ago I had a similar issue and used a program that you could change the number of passes the format does that did the trick but for the life of me can’t remember. I’m wondering if there’s any other way to sort this im literally about to throw it out the window lol please help

Hi

I have had a zgemma H1 for many years and has worked flawless during most of that time up until recently. The audio started to unable to turn off narration on most channels. Having researched the problem it seemed I had to update my image on the box. I had previously tried the settings and adjusted them ac3 track etc. That didn’t work so as I said above I found out the only way to fix the issue was to update the firmware.

I bought a virgin themed firmware from eBay with the sound issues being already fixed but unfortunately my box won’t flash. It reads the usb stick I have tried many different sticks. I have performed a low level format and even tried the hp format disc tool. That kept saying usb was write protected so using. Cmd prompt removed that but still no joy. I remember years ago I had a similar issue and used a program that you could change the number of passes the format does that did the trick but for the life of me can’t remember. I’m wondering if there’s any other way to sort this im literally about to throw it out the window lol please help

You don't need a usb at all if you flash grogbuild freerange, it's all done via the laptop and flashes OTA so to speak
check download section for grogbuild freerange

hi thanks for your reply , I managed to get it to flash by trying a different build on here the mike b open atv 2.1 build do you happen to know if this build has the audio fix in it?

it says it has the audio description fix so i assume so, but it's still 18 months out of date.
All the plugins etc will be outdated and likely to fail at any time
You should use a new build if you are flashing the box, can't see the point in upgrading from a prehistoric image to a medieval image when there's brand new images available

Hi thanks guys. is there anyway I can get a download file of the build so I can flash via usb stick as I don't have a clue how to do this new method? thanks in advance. also the mike b build is whats on my box at the moment.

WooshBuild still uses usb flashing or you can download vanilla OpenATV and set it up yourself.
Personally I would read Grog's instructions for a nice easy setup.

i've found the video instructions for it the url I type in for zgemma h1 is it http://zgemmah1 as it doesn't bring anything up

on your remote, press menu>information>network
in here is the ip address, usually 192.168. etc, write it down
open a browser window and type that in address bar and click enter
this is the interface of the H1, you can flash i from there, click on Terminal on left hand side and follow grogbuild instructions

Hi

Managed to get the grogbuild onto the box via terminal but every time I press menu the box is now freezing, was fine on the openatv6.2 but since the new build on it’s crashing

remove usb and reboot the box
go to menu and install what needs installing....if you leave usb in it may reflash openatv

Hi

Managed to get the grogbuild onto the box via terminal but every time I press menu the box is now freezing, was fine on the openatv6.2 but since the new build on it’s crashing
what skin are you using, the older boxes such as the H1 and H2 have issues with the 1080 skins so make sure your using one of the other skins. On the H1 you may need to enable swapfile, grogbuild Freerange doesn't do this by default.

build is now working without crashing, do I have to initialise the usb again and create the swap file after the grog build is on. I enabled it and created it when openatv6.2 was on the box but not done it since grog build put on. thanks in advance

build is now working without crashing, do I have to initialise the usb again and create the swap file after the grog build is on. I enabled it and created it when openatv6.2 was on the box but not done it since grog build put on. thanks in advance
if the usb stick is already initialised then it doesn't need initialising again but you may need to mount it on /media/hdd - open mount manager (red button -> plugins -> Mount Manager) and if your stick says Mount:/media/hdd then your good to go. If not press the green button and then change the mount (using left/right arrow keys) to /media/hdd and press green button to save changes and the box will need to reboot.

Your swapfile may need enabling, go to Swap Manager (red button -> plugins -> Swap Manager) and if not enabled then press the red button to activate it.

thanks again , can I just confirm the grog build is on the zgemma internal memory and not the usb stick so if I want to change the stick it won't affect the firmware?

thanks again , can I just confirm the grog build is on the zgemma internal memory and not the usb stick so if I want to change the stick it won't affect the firmware?
yes, all that is stored on the USB stick is your recordings and timeshift, the epg program info, your swapfile and picons if using them.

Hi now trying to put in the line. I used FileZilla before but Im confused as to how to do it. my line starts with CWS = vmedia.xyz and I'm sure it was mgmcam 138a I used before. any ideas on how to put it in before I just copied and pasted it but the folder was already there. I might have converted the line to a different code but can't remember.

in filezilla, go to usr/keys older, paste the line into newcamd.list by right clicking it and choose view/edit
close the file
then restart softcam in softcam panel

Back