Heinz - Enigma2 catchup plugin

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
The issue is fixed with 6.2.1i. I now have on these two channels every 3 hours a Point to jump to. And no more bluecreens. THANKS!

You're welcome, thanks for reporting it in the first place and coming back with feedback about the fix!

And yes, that's the workaround's behaviour for when catchup EPG data is missing - if the event we're interested in falls on the boundary between events, we can opt to watch a bit later (as the 3 hour intervals count backwards from the current time) or use the "extra duration" setting to our advantage.

Is this plugin any good? if so I will load it onto my vu duo 2 box and give it a try.
Not sure about good, but it's free, so if you test it and don't like it, you can just delete it (and let me know why you found it so terrible, please, so I can consider improving it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi oottppxx , Firstly great plugin and is working a treat, Have you any suggesting of maybe how to create a hot key on the remote to launch the Heinz plugin when I am watching a catch up enabled channel instead of having to press the menu button-then plugins-then Heinz ? I am running a zgemma h2s with open atv 6.1 on IPAB image and using Jedi plugin. I know IPAB has finished but the image is working spot on with some of my own tweaks,

Yeah suls released an 0.8.b3 version
And yeah I was asking about the catchup markings
https://github.com/su1s/e2m3u2bouqu...lugin-extensions-e2m3u2bouquet_0.8-b3_all.ipk

I've edited the OP to point folks to French's: this is a new M3U proxy plugin to mark catchup channels during M3U fetching by Suls, Jedi or whatever folks use to create bouquets using an M3U URL. This way it's more generic and will, in theory, work with newer versions of whatever. Let me know if you try it and how it works for you (I know that the marker/URL encoding bits can be a bit daunting, but should be doable enough).

thanks for replying, I don't use suls but I can do so wi

Thanks mate haven't used suls for a while but will give that a go when I get a few minutes to refresh my memory. Im using jedi at the momen, I've got it working just guessing at the minute though on supported channels till i set it but hats off to you im impressed

I've edited the OP to point folks to French's: this is a new M3U proxy plugin to mark catchup channels during M3U fetching by Suls, Jedi or whatever folks use to create bouquets using an M3U URL. This way it's more generic and will, in theory, work with newer versions of whatever. Let me know if you try it and how it works for you (I know that the marker/URL encoding bits can be a bit daunting, but should be doable enough).

As some of you might have already seen on reddit and/or another post here on Techkings, I've written a catchup plugin for Enigma2 some time ago, and I've been refining it ever since.

You can find it in Github, it supports both Xtream-Codes API as well as VAPI.

Please give it a whirl, and let me know how you like it, if at all.

Note: if you like Heinz, you might also enjoy French's, which is a replacement to the old Suls/E2m3u2bouquet mod to mark catchup enabled channels as such.

Just downloaded and installed 'Frenchs' on my H2S and restarted Gui, now what do i have to do please?

Hi is this a Standalone prog? or does it need to connect to a supported IPTV provider? I have installed it on Zgemma and I have IPTV on it thru Xtream but it comes up unsupported.

Hi is this a Standalone prog? or does it need to connect to a supported IPTV provider? I have installed it on Zgemma and I have IPTV on it thru Xtream but it comes up unsupported.
I get that if the channel does not support it. If I try bbc 1 hd it won’t work but bbc 1 sd does, same with most chans it’s always the sd version

It's not standalone in the sense that I think you're giving it; it requires you to have an IPTV provider which supports catchup on at least 1 channel (and then you can use it in said channel). If you mean Xtream Editor, I believe the catchup supporting channels should already be marked as such (with [+] or similar), you can try using it on those. Of course, if your provider doesn't support catchup on any channel, it won't work.

I get that if the channel does not support it. If I try bbc 1 hd it won’t work but bbc 1 sd does, same with most chans it’s always the sd version

That's highly dependent on the provider(s), some will have the exact opposite (only supporting catchup on BBC 1 HD, not BBC 1 SD).

Hi,
I am having trouble setting up Heinz. The install went well, with no error messages, although I had to get to the file using Dream Explorer. But after reboot, when I try to acess the Plugins Menu Heinz is not available, although it is installed.
Any ideas please? The recording capability is something I really need.
Thank you

Hi,
I am having trouble setting up Heinz. The install went well, with no error messages, although I had to get to the file using Dream Explorer. But after reboot, when I try to acess the Plugins Menu Heinz is not available, although it is installed.
Any ideas please? The recording capability is something I really need.
Thank you

Not sure what this means... What file are you accessing via Dream Explorer? (I'm assuming the latter is a file manager of some kind)

If it's not in the plugin menu, and you're sure it's installed, it's probably because your system isn't compatible. What box brand do you have and what system are you running on it?

Back