Heinz - Enigma2 catchup plugin

To use Heinz plugin you need to assign a hotkey for it...go to menu – setup - usage & gui - hotkey setup – choose a button you don’t use on your remote and then select “heinz” from the plugin section and save.

Now change to a channel that supports catch-up and use the button selected to activate catch-up on that channel.

If a message appears saying “no ketchup for you” then that channel doesn’t support catch-up.

To use Heinz plugin you need to assign a hotkey for it...go to menu – setup - usage & gui - hotkey setup – choose a button you don’t use on your remote and then select “heinz” from the plugin section and save.

Now change to a channel that supports catch-up and use the button selected to activate catch-up on that channel.

If a message appears saying “no ketchup for you” then that channel doesn’t support catch-up.
Will do that cheers mate

When I go into plugins it won't open but if I long press on a channel with + sign then catchup works not a problem
Again, no idea what you're expecting to "open". And what do you long press? Did you assign a hotkey to the Heinz plugin, that happens to be a long press?

If you're watching a stream, any stream, it doesn't matter that you activate Heinz via hotkey or if you go to the menu, 1 of 2 things should happen: either you get a message that the stream doesn't support catchup (sat/terrestrial/cable stream, or iptv stream from an incompatible provider, or from a compatible provider without catchup support) or it seems to support it but we couldn't fetch the info, or you get a single EPG menu with the programs you can catchup to.

If something else is happening, then something is wrong; what box/system are you trying to use Heinz on?

Again, no idea what you're expecting to "open". And what do you long press? Did you assign a hotkey to the Heinz plugin, that happens to be a long press?

If you're watching a stream, any stream, it doesn't matter that you activate Heinz via hotkey or if you go to the menu, 1 of 2 things should happen: either you get a message that the stream doesn't support catchup (sat/terrestrial/cable stream, or iptv stream from an incompatible provider, or from a compatible provider without catchup support) or it seems to support it but we couldn't fetch the info, or you get a single EPG menu with the programs you can catchup to.

If something else is happening, then something is wrong; what box/system are you trying to use Heinz on?
I long press ok on a channel with a + sign the catchup comes up with single epg I thought you could actually go into the plugin it's self mate I'm using zgemma i55 box

I long press ok on a channel with a + sign the catchup comes up with single epg I thought you could actually go into the plugin it's self mate I'm using zgemma i55 box
So, you configured the hotkey for Heinz to be OK long press?

You can "go into the plugin" from the single EPG listing, just press menu for the plugin settings and make sure it's Heinz you're running (1st line of settings should tell you which version, too).

Not sure what this means... What file are you accessing via Dream Explorer? (I'm assuming the latter is a file manager of some kind)

If it's not in the plugin menu, and you're sure it's installed, it's probably because your system isn't compatible. What box brand do you have and what system are you running on it?
Hi,Enigma 2 IPTV Setup Guidee/tmp
I have a Gigablue HD 800SE Plus, working with na Enigma2 Team Blue 6.3 image. I followed the Enigma 2 IPTV Setup Guide posted by Rpidemon and Ftp'd Heinz 6.2 Ipk file to /var/volatile/tmp, as instructed. But when I access the Plugins Menu, since I see no Ipk installer, I have to browse into the directory where Heinz was ftp'd, which I do with Dream Explorer. That is when I install Heinz, successfuly, or so the system tells me.

Wow this is a brilliant plugin. Just a quick post to say thanks to the OP and creator. I installed it last night (h2s, openatv 6.3, wooshbuild infinity) and it worked without any configuration needed.

May check out your other plugins. Thanks a million oottppxx

Hi,Enigma 2 IPTV Setup Guidee/tmp
I have a Gigablue HD 800SE Plus, working with na Enigma2 Team Blue 6.3 image. I followed the Enigma 2 IPTV Setup Guide posted by Rpidemon and Ftp'd Heinz 6.2 Ipk file to /var/volatile/tmp, as instructed. But when I access the Plugins Menu, since I see no Ipk installer, I have to browse into the directory where Heinz was ftp'd, which I do with Dream Explorer. That is when I install Heinz, successfuly, or so the system tells me.

Ok, got it. I don't know Dream Explorer, but it seems it can be used to install IPK files, so that's fine. I also don't know about Team Blue image, but a quick search tells me it's OpenPLi based; you might need to download/try to install plheinz, which tracks an older version of Heinz - don't recall at the moment if Heinz wouldn't start on reboot (which would be why you don't see it in the plugins menu) due to the code differences, or just crashed when invoked: I had OpenPLi installed just briefly enough that I could adapt it into plheinz.

Ok, got it. I don't know Dream Explorer, but it seems it can be used to install IPK files, so that's fine. I also don't know about Team Blue image, but a quick search tells me it's OpenPLi based; you might need to download/try to install plheinz, which tracks an older version of Heinz - don't recall at the moment if Heinz wouldn't start on reboot (which would be why you don't see it in the plugins menu) due to the code differences, or just crashed when invoked: I had OpenPLi installed just briefly enough that I could adapt it into plheinz.

Hi again,
Plheinz did work and was able to open Heinz. Got to the configuration menu and selected the "Force Lookup" option. Unfortunately, although I can see the past shows, when I select them nothing happens. I changed the service type and the stream type, and combined the several options there but no luck…

Last edited:
Hi again,
Plheinz did work and was able to open Heinz. Got to the configuration menu and selected the "Force Lookup" option. Unfortunately, although I can see the past shows, when I select them nothing happens. I changed the service type and the stream type, and combined the several options there but no luck…

Why did you have to select "force lookup"? That might be showing programs for channels that don't really support catchup, hence nothing plays when selected.

If you know for sure a channel supports catchup, DM your provider name and the channel, I might be able to check or ask around.

when i use heinz i get a list of the catch up programs but most are greyed out and there is always about 3 no more which are in white which i can watch any one got any ideas why this is thought i would be able to watch anything that was listed just cant work out why most of them are greyed out thanks

Hi Buddy,

You can only watch the catchup channels which have || or ||| next to them.
ye i know that neggs but when i get the list up say on itv 1hd with the + at the side i get about 10 programs in the list from 13.30 to 18.00 at cant watch them even though there listed yet i can watch programs from 18.30 to 20.00 the earlier programs even though i can see there title are grey coloured and wont play yet the later ones are white coloured if you know what i mean and i can watch those thanks for reply

ye i know that neggs but when i get the list up say on itv 1hd with the + at the side i get about 10 programs in the list from 13.30 to 18.00 at cant watch them even though there listed yet i can watch programs from 18.30 to 20.00 the earlier programs even though i can see there title are grey coloured and wont play yet the later ones are white coloured if you know what i mean and i can watch those thanks for reply
Is it to do with plugin or provider mate I use plugin and can go quite far back on the catchup supplied

my provider does catchup and i also use the heinz plugin and its the same on both for some reason
Thats why I asked is it the plugin or problem with provider catchup mate but I don't hardly use catchup only for football ect have a word with your provider or tag the author of plugin mate

Back