##### HELP cant figure it out ####

simster69

ok im attempting to help someone with there box and cline. so i purchase a line which is i believe an nline (N: server etc etc) on the same day i purchase a line for myself from the same place the guy is very helpful and i manage to power up my skybox f3 so with this new found knowledge i try to help out the other person with his skybox f5 (same procedure i imagined) anyway i put the line on then i notice that its only showing HD channels and only very few SD channels i then update the channel list which works everything is great except if i put certain channels on they work whilst others are still scrambled (eg... premier doesnt but premier+1 does work???) i get absolutley no sport channels. a suggestion is made to update the firmware so i did that too but still nothing??.. i then realise its not a skybox f5 but a openbox v5 i return to the firmware to find ive actually downloaded and installed the openbox v5 firmware anyway but the big question is why doesnt it work fully???? please please help thanks.

It sounds like the channel list you are using is out of date.

You will get a message saying "no signal" rather than scrambled if the frequency
is out of date.

You can check frquencies on king of sat website

Also, don't expect any HD channels on sat unless they are FTA

These are the steps for the Openbox V5 - but you probably have already did this

1. Menu
2. World icon and then select camds setup (if you don't get this option press the number 6 on your remote four times)
3. Select mgcamd plug setup
4. Select manage config files
5. Then select newcamd list, if you have existing line delete this first then press the green button to add new one
6. Enter your line details (Deskey is 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14)
7. After entering your liine, press exit to save
8. Reboot the box and all channels should be on. Also go to menu, world icon, network settings, ethernet setup and check dhcp is set to on

need more info mate, hows the setup? is the cable in the in position? how are you connecting the broadband?

---------- Post Merged at 11:09 AM ----------

also look at your channel what do you see? there shouldnt be any sports or movies hd? should be all sd channels.

the cable is plugged into in the broadband is ethernet dhcp is on and all channels are updated so showing sd only except bbc etc ..... but looking at snappers reply above i didnt do that i submitted the nline as a cccam (saved with notepad etc) maybe i should try adding manually?

---------- Post Merged at 03:47 AM ----------

Thanks for taking the time to help but i have already updated the channels which were out of date ive also updated the firmware.

Back