Help Much Appreciated Please?

slimmy46

Hi,
Can't for the life of me find a link or page where to find info on how to flash my Zgemma, although i have found them before??
Problem - I'm Currently running Mikey B OpenATV 6.1 Build v2, today has been bad, turn on box any channel runs for 10-15 secs then screen freezes, I've been advised to reflash by my provider.

However i have the settings on the box how i like it and wanted to avoid a reflash at all costs if i could, if i go into Cccams and restart again the box works for 10-15 secs.
I have done all the obvious, reboot router, reboot box (several times) and disconnected ethernet at both ends both router and box, all to no avail, can someone direct me to flash instructions please, Oh also if i do a back up of my settings, where is this saved to? does it go onto the USB stick i record on in the back?
Hoping someone can help please & Thanks for looking in.

Oh also if i do a back up of my settings, where is this saved to? does it go onto the USB stick i record on in the back?
Hoping someone can help please & Thanks for looking in.

Thats correct.
To double check the back-up has completed, go into FTP > /HDD > then you should see a folder which says backup_openatv

try a different softcam before you flash the box, go to plugins menu and click green to show what other softcams are available
download one or two other versions of CCccam and change to them in softcam panel and click green to try them to see if it's any better

try a different softcam before you flash the box, go to plugins menu and click green to show what other softcams are available
download one or two other versions of CCccam and change to them in softcam panel and click green to try them to see if it's any better
Hi Pablescaban, thank you for your reply, i'm on 2.3.0 currently but in plug ins there is a cccam softcam 2.3.2 available, should i install this pal?

Hi Pablescaban, thank you for your reply, i'm on 2.3.0 currently but in plug ins there is a cccam softcam 2.3.2 available, should i install this pal?
Ok i installed that and its doing exactly the same thing?
Im all flustered, and tired i cant even find instructions on flashing?
To Flash Is it take USB / Record stick out of back of box, ensure box is off, insert USB With firmware into front and boot with button from back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok i installed that and its doing exactly the same thing?
Im all flustered, and tired i cant even find instructions on flashing?
To Flash Is it take USB / Record stick out of back of box, ensure box is off, insert USB With firmware into front and boot with button from back?

Press Blue > Flash Online/Local then choose 6.2

Press Blue > Flash Online/Local then choose 6.2
Hi NazoDoop appreciate your help but there isn't a 6.2 as you stipulated only 6.1?
I get to Flash Online/Local select it and then i have a choice -
Flash on the fly window with two choices Online = Download a image and flash it OR Local = Flash a image from local path/hdd/images??
If i select online it only gives three choices of OpenATV 6.1

take a copy of your line details and reflash to whooshbuild,
either that or flash openATV
I dont understand people that use builds that dont have support

take a copy of your line details and reflash to whooshbuild,
either that or flash openATV
I dont understand people that use builds that dont have support
Steptoe, i'm what you'd say a bit niave when it comes to this, wasn't aware the build i am using had no support, i've got a copy of my line details does Mikey B OpenATV 6.1 Build v2 not have support then?
I have Open ATV 6.1 Installed now which i did from online, it's reinstalled my back up details but i am still experiencing a freeze of channel regarless of what i am watching after approx 10 - 13 seconds.
Thanks for your help

Steptoe, i'm what you'd say a bit niave when it comes to this, wasn't aware the build i am using had no support, i've got a copy of my line details does Mikey B OpenATV 6.1 Build v2 not have support then?
I have Open ATV 6.1 Installed now which i did from online, it's reinstalled my back up details but i am still experiencing a freeze of channel regarless of what i am watching after approx 10 - 13 seconds.
Thanks for your help
you are on this forum,
is there a mikeyB support thread.?
I honestly dont know, I use plain openVIX as that is supported on my box,
if I was you, I'd use whooshbuild as it is an actively supported image

Back