Help Needed for Kryptview A780

Hi Everyone, I am having trouble loading new firm wear in Kryptview A780 as It is giving me downloading Error "The Downloading is Not Requested"

can anyone please help urgently?

Kind Regards
Max

Have you definitely got a null modem cable and not a serial cable.

They are identical, the pins are just wired differently.

Hi Thanks for your prompt response.

I have bought this cable over the internet and I told them what is it for? and they said this cable is for digital boxes as I have got new laptop no old pc or laptop so I had to go for USB option I can see its connected as I have tried different comms but its just not loading :(

please tell me if need to leave box on any certain menu before disconnecting from the TV? which screen should I Leave it when connecting it to the laptop?

as current version is pv4.2.08 and the date is 20/01/2015 and H/W version is v3.0.0.

---------- Post Merged at 11:51 AM ----------

its nine pin cable and connected with Usb I can see that device manager can read it straight away... its just this message "Downloading not requested" :(

Hi mate,

USB adaptors can work with null modem cables but you need to change the settings of the com port for it to work.

I will see if I can find them and edit this post a bit later, it's ages since I had one of these boxes.

The other option is to PM Ted Luxston, he is our KV guru and knows all about null modem cables lol

Anyway, he will usually offer to flash it for you if you pay the return postage, he has done it for
lots of members on here already.(y)

This may be the easiest option.

Hi Mate,

once again thanks for your response I have pmed TED lets see what he comes back with which settings do I need to change? Please advise so I can at least try it I have checked which com is my USB cable is connected and I am trying on the correct one from the loader is there is anything else I need to do?

any idea where about ted lives? so I can may be take it to him? as I live in London...

please advise.

Cheers
max

Go into device manager on your computer, find the com port you are using and change the baud rate (bits per second)
so it looks like this. Save the settings and exit, then re try

bits per second _____________115200 (usually defaulted to 9600)

data bits __________________ 8

parity ____________________ None

stop bits __________________1

flow control________________None

Ahh, takes me back a few years lol

Have a read here

He is in Deepest Essex, big up West Ham and you will be ok lol

Last edited:
Teds your man then, it may not even be the correct lead, that's
the usual cause. Maplins used to be renowned for supplying RS232 Serial cables
instead of RS232 Null cables to people who needed them, back in the day, ask Ted lol

But you can't tell by looking at them.

It's the way the pins are laid out

null.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure about the cable as I have done this long time a go with dreambox and the cable now I have got is for digital boxes as the seller knew it why I am buying from him... I have got usb to female (9 pin) and also male to male for the box and for the usb... its connecting it perfectly fine with the box and usb cable and showing in device manager as well...

last hope is Ted :) I guess is it possible if you can let him know as well when he comes online? I would really appreciate your help mate :)

or any other thing you can think of I should try before giving up completely ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ----------

error.jpg

please see attached :(

If it's the correct lead and the port settings are correct and your computer
is picking up the USB converter lead, then it's probably just a bad connection.

Try it a few times giving it a couple of wiggles where the null connects to the USB lead
being polite I would say they are temperamental, I can think of other ways to put it though :bang head:

That's why the general advise is get an old computer and connect straight to the box.

Funnily enough, I have recovered an openbox this morning (similar method) , tried using the USB lead and Null
at home, nothing.

Even bought an RS232 card for the mother board connected null direct to the box, nothing.

Got an old computer in work, flashed 1st time.

Windows XP !! :band2:

2 questions , firstly can the KV 780 boxes now be updated ??, secondly if so is there anyone in the Glasgow area who's willing to update mine :beg:, because i'm a numpty at this stuff , willing to pay of course.:beg:

yes William it can be updated that's what I am trying to do currently :) and got stuck as I have followed all the instructions but unfortunately I have not got my old PC with me anymore and this new laptop is not communicating well enough with the box :( there are options available apparently.

you might be able to post your box with return postage this can be done I am trying to find out about it once I know more I shall let you know as well :)

Cheers Max , hope to hear from you soon .
yes William it can be updated that's what I am trying to do currently :) and got stuck as I have followed all the instructions but unfortunately I have not got my old PC with me anymore and this new laptop is not communicating well enough with the box :( there are options available apparently.

you might be able to post your box with return postage this can be done I am trying to find out about it once I know more I shall let you know as well :)

I am pretty sure about the cable as I have done this long time a go with dreambox and the cable now I have got is for digital boxes as the seller knew it why I am buying from him... I have got usb to female (9 pin) and also male to male for the box and for the usb... its connecting it perfectly fine with the box and usb cable and showing in device manager as well...

last hope is Ted :) I guess is it possible if you can let him know as well when he comes online? I would really appreciate your help mate :)

or any other thing you can think of I should try before giving up completely ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ----------

View attachment 19407

please see attached :(

Hi mate is your box switched off at back then hit start then turn box on... I`m sure you have tried this but you never know worked for me when I was flashing 780`s

Just tried to replicate your problem and as Slightbreeze pointed out, you MUST have the box turned off from the back switch BEFORE hitting start, then once you press start turn the switch on and the download will start.

Do you have the box pluged in and switched off before you press start?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back