Help needed please

I'm new to this but really looking for some advice I have a basic virgin package into home I'm looking for a z Gemma box but not sure of what model to get that will work with the virgin I don't mean nd paying out for the latest box but just don't know what model any help is appreciated thank u I don't need the build on it I can do that it's just the correct hardware thank you all

the Zgemma h2h has one satellite tuner and one cable tuner. If you don't have a dish though then you wont be able to watch one channel and record another

Hi there and thank you for the reply I only want to use virgin on it it wanted the option if change to sky in the future I want to run pause and record on virgin thanks

You need a twin cable tuner then.

Something like a VU solo + V2 or Technomate M2 or Xtrend ET8500

Pre flashed with Openvix

Thank you for the reply I have looked into it for a gd while it's not just a spir of the moment thing I currently use a mx3 4k box for kodi and will still use this but want something separate for TV I don't have a stailite dish the virgin box that is here is a Tivo box record pause etc

The picture quality on a cable box will leave your mx for dead.

When recording the box basically locks itself the the channel while recording is taking place
so you need a twin tuner if you want to watch a different program while the box records.

You will need some type of storage device to record to, I use a USB 3.0 external Hdd.

Some USB sticks are a bit slower so sometimes the picture and audio goes out of synch when
fast forwarding through adverts etc or rewinding

Thanks bees for the info do I need a satellite Aswell as the virgin to record pause etc or just a twin tuner box if so what do u recommend

When people started switching to cable for the HD channels
the only option was a "combo" 1 x sat and 1 x cable tuner, which means
you pay a sat server and a cable server if you want to watch one and record another, for it to work as a twin tuner.

However, there are now twin cable boxes on the market so you don't need a dish
or pay for a sat server, it can all just be done on cable.

I would look at the three boxes I mentioned in post #5, or the miraclebox premium twin
depending on your budget, any of these will do what you require.

Back