1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed please

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Pugugly1984, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Pugugly1984

Pugugly1984 Registered

I'm new to this but really looking for some advice I have a basic virgin package into home I'm looking for a z Gemma box but not sure of what model to get that will work with the virgin I don't mean nd paying out for the latest box but just don't know what model any help is appreciated thank u I don't need the build on it I can do that it's just the correct hardware thank you all

2. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

the Zgemma h2h has one satellite tuner and one cable tuner. If you don't have a dish though then you wont be able to watch one channel and record another

3. Pugugly1984

Pugugly1984 Registered

Hi there and thank you for the reply I only want to use virgin on it it wanted the option if change to sky in the future I want to run pause and record on virgin thanks

4. gmangt4

gmangt4 TK Veteran

5. bees

bees VIP Member

You need a twin cable tuner then.

Something like a VU solo + V2 or Technomate M2 or Xtrend ET8500

Pre flashed with Openvix

6. Pugugly1984

Pugugly1984 Registered

Thank you for the reply I have looked into it for a gd while it's not just a spir of the moment thing I currently use a mx3 4k box for kodi and will still use this but want something separate for TV I don't have a stailite dish the virgin box that is here is a Tivo box record pause etc

7. bees

bees VIP Member

The picture quality on a cable box will leave your mx for dead.

When recording the box basically locks itself the the channel while recording is taking place
    so you need a twin tuner if you want to watch a different program while the box records.

You will need some type of storage device to record to, I use a USB 3.0 external Hdd.

Some USB sticks are a bit slower so sometimes the picture and audio goes out of synch when
    fast forwarding through adverts etc or rewinding

8. Pugugly1984

Pugugly1984 Registered

Thanks bees for the info do I need a satellite Aswell as the virgin to record pause etc or just a twin tuner box if so what do u recommend

9. bees

bees VIP Member

When people started switching to cable for the HD channels
    the only option was a "combo" 1 x sat and 1 x cable tuner, which means
    you pay a sat server and a cable server if you want to watch one and record another, for it to work as a twin tuner.

However, there are now twin cable boxes on the market so you don't need a dish
    or pay for a sat server, it can all just be done on cable.

I would look at the three boxes I mentioned in post #5, or the miraclebox premium twin
    depending on your budget, any of these will do what you require.