Help please nline setup in Oscam on Zgemma H2

newby

Hi I hope someone here is able to help me get my new H2 box working. i have just spent more then 20 hrs over the wend and still can only get the 5 FTA channels, The box came preloaded with Oscam,Mgcamd1.38 with v3.1 (simonsez). I can see all the 350+ channels in EPG but cant access them. i have an Nline but there is no Nline readers on the Oscam page unless i create one. I wouldnt have a clue what to fill in except my server address in Device column. I have looked and looked online but have only found one tutorial about it . It sounded fairly straight forward enough, as you only have to fill in the nline address and save. but my oscam doesnt have it ready made and i will have to create one. Im on VM only.
Any ,any help ,suggestions,links etc will be very greatly appreciated!!
Thank you for reading this

Basically the easiest option would be to create a reader with your line through the Oscam webif if you knew how to access it something which would take a massive thread to go through every option on Oscam.

seeing as you have Mgcamd installed it would be far easier to start with that and your Cable line will run smoothly enough.

Basics get your N line place this into the newcamd.list which is located in /usr/keys then change the N: part for CWS = save and restart mgcamd

Hi Thanks for your suggestion FreeUk. So what you are saying is forget Oscam readers, and FTP the Nline in the newcamd.list. By the way my newcamd list in usr/keys says newcamd.list example and only one line saying server12345 in it, Do i edit that? and use CWS instead of N.
Thanks for your advice!

Correct you can rename newcamd.list.example to just newcamd.list remove everything inside the file text wise and then just replace with your line details remember to replace the N: part with CWS = save and then restart mgcamd in the softcam manager section.

I also Uploaded a pre-configured set of MGcamd files here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/83459-cannot-find-use-mgcam-1-38-a-2.html#post463131 which will replace your .example ones and then just add your line

Thank you! i have done as you said, but still no channels. I have replaced my mg.list with yours, and renamed newcamd.list. I have used your newcamd .list but removed the hash tag before the CWS line. Im not sure if i should just have the CWS line or have the keepalive etc lines in it to. I have read somewhere that 300 should be changed to 60? should i have a space after the = .
Sorry for being so ignorant but i just cant get this!!
cheers

Don't bother with the keep alive stuff, your line should look like this

CWS = tv.server.com 10100 user-7321 1285612 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Check your spacing, check all the details are correct, try restarting your cam, re boot box
You cant be far from it all working now

Edit: make sure you only have one cam installed on the box Mgcamd 1.38 get rid of the rest

Last edited:
Sorted!! Many,many thanks to FreeUK and dangerous!!, for all your suggestions and help to me!! I Really appreciate it!.

Thanks again!! cheers

Just for information the KEEP_ALIVE = 300 is there for a reason so that Mgcamd keeps your active connection alive with the server if your using Cable this would be changed to a value of 60

Just for information the KEEP_ALIVE = 300 is there for a reason so that Mgcamd keeps your active connection alive with the server if your using Cable this would be changed to a value of 60

Apologies, I never new that. All the severs I've connected too have never given me a line with the keep alive in it. Others on here have said not to bother with it.
If I add this before my line will I notice any difference?

Thanks for that info FreeUK . Should i replace the file with the one that has the Keep alive in it ? All seems to be working fine at the moment.

Ok I will leave it as it is, as everything seems to be working well at the moment. If i do get problems then i will know what i should try

thanks!

Back