1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Help with PC - Ping Spike

Discussion in 'General PC Chat' started by smcmullan88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. smcmullan88

smcmullan88 Registered

Hi,

OK I'll try to detail all the info here:

I have a gaming PC, processor i7 4790k 4ghz quad core , 16gb ddr3 ram, ssd and sata drive, GTX 980 TI card.

My PC until a few months ago ran every game fine (PUBG, Fornite, CSGO) with top graphics settings.

The last couple of months when playing games even CSGO there is a micro stutter or lag type issue which makes the game pointless to play. I am walking and someone comes round the corner and they appear up a split second or two on my screen and I am dead.

I enabled the stats to check the ping and it sits around 60ms but when this happens it jumps up to 100-200. This is happening constantly. I have updated BIOS for board, drivers for graphics card (Even rolled back), turned down graphic card settings to lower and this is still happening. I don't know what else to try to tackle this issue.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks