Cable help with recording

pacman32

Hi

Im trying to find a way of recording something on the h2h via usb so it can be watched on another tv through usb is this possible?

I already have a 1tb external drive connected to my box but if i remove that and plug it into the tv it wont read, obviously a different format. I would just like to record a match for my old fella to watch on his tv :)

any ideas?

You could always FTP to the box, copy the video file onto your PC and convert it to a format that will open on your dad's TV, I imagine. I do it the other way around so I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

You could always FTP to the box

How do you mean?

I have many files on the external hdd connected to my box, and files recorded to usb stick but neither can be read by a pc.

iF I use ftp does that allow me to transfer files to pc through box? Otherwise im not sure what you mean as how can i transfer files to the box as it has no room.

thx in advance.

Yeah, you can do it from box to PC too. Just FTP to the location you store your files. You might need to convert them to another format once transferred (I've never done it box to PC so I wouldn't know) though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one i get it now :) just had no idea it would show ext hdd files through the box.

Just tried a test recording of a couple of minutes, mpeg-2 ts video file transferred to comp fine and played on pc. Put it on usb stick as it was and it played fine on tv without any conversion. Would be nice if it could have read direct from hdd because of the size of the hd files but at least now he can watch some games :pop smiley:

Cheers for that mate (y)

Back