1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with setting up a private server

Discussion in 'Dreambox DM800' started by dreamc, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamc

dreamc Registered

Dear users.

i am looking for help to setup a private server to share a sly uk card from a box across a private network to another 2 boxes and accross a VPN to a third box in the future.

i am happy to negotiate setting up costs with whoever is interested in helping.

i have no intention to monetize this as is for my own private use.''can someone get in touch with me to support on this?

i can buy whatever equipment necessary.

currently own a dm800hd pvr and just about to receive two dm900 4K boxes...

many Thanks

Marco

2. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

Not the question to ask on an open forum---plenty of info on the net but not here.
    Reaper.

3. mike123

mike123 VIP Member

Are you sure it is worth the hassle? For three boxes i would just buy the boxes and subs.

4. dreamc

dreamc Registered

£86 a month it's a lot of money when the bedroom boxes are used once a week if lucky and the office only when there is events as during the day is on bbc news!!

I am trying to reduce the monthly bill, and was under the impression that all I needed is a dream box with the main card and 3 remote boxes reading off the main over the internet!
    Don't know What hassle is involved because I don't know how to do it, hence asking for help!

If too much hassle then oh well... probably end up as I am, but if easy enough I don't mind.

I have a dm800hd pvr and just received 2x dm900 4K

Becuase these can also be used as freesat boxes I thought it would be worth the investment regardless of the outcome of my not so legal adventure :-( ..

It Looks from the previous post that I shouldn't be asking these questions though... not sure what to ask on a forum that explicitly discuss these things lol...

Anyway, if anyone out there cares to
    Explain what and how this works great if not, well... great as well.. no worries ;-)

5. lamblamb

lamblamb Forum Supporter

as mike says, it would be cheaper and far easier to just request subs in the correct section.

you have 3 boxes, even if theyre all in different houses youre talking around £75 per year or less for subs.

using your own server would cost you well over £1000 including yearly sub and power/ setup costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.