Satellite HELP with Zgemma h7s HDD

dargan

Hi I have installed a 500gb hdd in the zgemma h7s. It got stuck on boot after a few days, so I reflashed it and just asking do I need to format the hdd as I tried but it said it was busy ?
thanks

it should be initialised if you didn't initialise it the first time you set the box up. If it's already initialised then you don't need to redo it.

Press the red button on remote and then select Plugins -> Mountmanager, your hdd should be listed and show Type: ext4 R/W, if so then it's already initialised

Thanks, yes it was initialised on set up, I will check what you said, what should I have set it at, as I set it at 256 mb when I initialised it at first

Cheers

Dont format hdd as that erases all thats stored on it.

hmm was that cacheflush or swapfile 256 which is not needed?

Swapfile 256mb

Ive just reflashed it and I have not initialised it as it would not let me

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use swapfile on any of my boxes. If your hdd is mounted and showing type: ext4 then no need to initialise again

just looking at this thread now. any one know whats the best hdd I can buy for my h7c? is a 2.5" sata drive the one I need? im aware of the storage sizes but not sure of the type of drive I need to buy, any help appreciated

To be honest lads I don’t do much recording , I want basically to be able to pause , and record the occasional thing

I have a 500gb laptop hdd in a caddy bought for a tenner never let me down I'm lucky if I record I program a week
The world will not end if I miss a program

Newbies always go small as i have many 1tb, and 2tb external + nas drive 90% full and loads of recordings not seen or deleted and can move from place to place if needed.

Back