ET 8000 HD HELP! Xtrend ET8000 only 1 day EPG shown, can i increase this?

trippy86

Hi

as the title says i only get 1 day epg on my box

can i set the box up to show more days ahead?

thanks for the help

Hey mate

In EPG settings do you have virgin enabled? Are you trying to use CrossEPG, XMLTV importer or epgRefresh etc? Try leaving your box on channel 100 for 5 mins then check

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey mate

In EPG settings do you have virgin enabled? Are you trying to use CrossEPG, XMLTV importer or epgRefresh etc? Try leaving your box on channel 100 for 5 mins then check

i used the setup guide on the forums here. It used crossepg. enable virgin epg is set to yes, automatic refresh is set to no

ill try the channel 100 now

im in the UK

Last edited:
Cross and XMLTV are pretty rubbish for cable EPG. Best setting a zap timer through the night to 100 and the box will come out of standby, update 6/7 days then go back to sleep

lol sounds good. how do i do that lol

The channel 100 idea did actually work, epg all the way up to saturday. But if you idea is automatic without having to sit on a channel id prefer to do that

thanks for the help

i think on virgin you can only get 1 day EPG even their own basic boxes are the same only their Tivo service gives a 7 day epg

There's a plugin called epgRefresh that you can use. I'll send a guide how to do it manually too

you can get longer epg in uk i think it was xmltv updated and set up on vm cable.
for irish users there is a 7 day epg file to be added to the e2 boxes.

Back