HELP: ZGemma H.2H - Absolutely no channels scanned - Faulty box?

I ordered a ZGemma box a few weEks ago and I just got around to setting it up. I set it up exactly the same way as I did with my brothers box H.2H (Biohead Image for VM), but this doesn't seem to scan a single channel (FTA or Encrypted). The splitter/cable/ethernet is exactly the same as the one used for my brothers box. Do I have a box with a faulty Tuner? I'm completely baffled.... as I would at least expect channels to be glitching with a weak tuner?

Last edited:
I've tried a direct connection and I still get 'Tuner lock failed'. It's scans 0 VM channels.

I've also tried dsayers image and Sky works fine, but again Cable scans 0 channels.

The net ID is definitely correct. Could my signal be way too strong? Would an attenuator sort this issue out?

Have you got the VM cable in the right socket on the back of the receiver, RF in?

The message tuner failed is usually when there is no signal, check all your connections

Thank you for replying.

The cable is definitely in the correct socket (RF - Top Left)

But there absolutely seems to be no signal. The broadband seems to be working fine.

I've tried both a tratec and Konig splitter. I've even re-done the cable and the ends, but still no luck.

If your absolutely sure your cables are ok then you may have a faulty tuner. Have you tried a scan just using autobouquets maker and not the scan function on the receiver?

I've tried ABM - that doesn't scan any channels. I'll try another Net ID, but I'm pretty sure it's correct as I've checked this on my aunts TiVo box.

I'm sorry... I've been busy. Thanks for your reply guys... I'll get you some screen shots later. My Net ID is 40961 (I'm putting this in both the tuner and ABM).

I'm really sorry for not replying... but I figured the problem out. The VM Tuner on the Zgemma is absolutely p1$$ poor... I recommend getting another box.

Back