Home CCTV

When you say set it up inside my own network, do you mean port forwarding or is that automatic?

I've tried xmeye from internet explorer and I can now see all 4 channels.
Can you backup recordings from the web interface or does that need to be done direct with the unit?

When you say set it up inside my own network, do you mean port forwarding or is that automatic?

I've tried xmeye from internet explorer and I can now see all 4 channels.
Can you backup recordings from the web interface or does that need to be done direct with the unit?
set it up on a device that is already on your LAN/wifi , your phone for instance,
the when you are away, you phone will still access the DVR from anywhere,
if you do it using the QR code it will set it up automatically, I'm fairly certain as default it simply uses a basic P2P of sorts

I've never tried to backup recordings via any method other than the unit itself tbh

I tried to scan with a QR code reader and it just comes back with the serial number. Can you scan from within xmeye?

I added it again and it works! :grin:

I've managed to login now with xmeye on pc and phone. Thanks guys.
Can't see it going in the loft though. The web interface is okay for monitoring but administration needs hands on I think.

I've managed to login now with xmeye on pc and phone. Thanks guys.
Can't see it going in the loft though. The web interface is okay for monitoring but administration needs hands on I think.
I've just got mine hid at the back on top of the wardrobe, with, as I say, a BNC out going to AV in of the TV in bedroom,
its about the only time bedroom TV is ever on tbh is checking stuff on CCTV or changing settings
one thing I would advise, only run your PSUs at 75-80%
ie : if your PSU is 5A only run 4A from it, gives it an easier life

I’m surprised the unit never came with any software for a PC.
I have an avtech unit and that came with software that’s let’s you do everything(playback, change settings etc)
Have they got any customer service or forum where you may get any info.

I’m surprised the unit never came with any software for a PC.
I have an avtech unit and that came with software that’s let’s you do everything(playback, change settings etc)
Have they got any customer service or forum where you may get any info.

most units that come with software only have it for windoze, mostly DIY kits, and not seperates.
very few people that use CCTV actually use windoze to view it as its too insecure,
so most stuff now comes with QR codes that are linked purely to the serial number of the device

It depends. I bought my avtech dvr separate from my different make cameras. The dvr came with software for windows and Mac OS(which I have) but that was a few years ago.
I suppose the software running on the dvr has a lot to do with it.

I was thinking of installing a camera and light recently after a couple of break-ins in my avenue over the past two weeks but am wondering what the overall purpose is! The police were not interested in the footage from my neighbours (which was pretty clear footage of the offenders) and it just made me think I would be watching footage of someone screwing my house/Car.
The folks who came to look for fingerprints reckoned that a security camera is the most effective thing to deter burglars, so I'm probably going down that road <Light with sensor> *pointing downwards so it doesn't wake the street up when it lights up*

A long shot but does anyone own a Serage CCTV DVR? If so what app are you using for remote viewing?

Thanks.

Back