hotmail requests to verify with your mobile number

Jagsy

TK Veteran
hi, so I went to make a Hotmail account and its asking so verify with my mobile number or another email, I don't want to give them my phone number so I put in an alternative email and its still requesting my phone number, is this even legal to be forced to disclose your mobile number, is there any way now of making a Hotmail account without being forced to give them your mobile number?

Go to your local shop buy a sim card that will fit straight into your current phone, give them the email company your "temp number" once email account is open, bin the sim card, Total cost £1
Thats one way of keeping your identify safe.

Do you think there taking liberties forcing people to disclose their phone number, its all a data collecting racket so they can spam you in the future, regarding the sim, dont you have to put a fiver on it to activate it?

It's the way of the world these days, everyone wants to know who you really are, big brother watching you!!
Can't quite remember the situation with sim cards now, I'm sure there already activated with the number on the sim card packet.

cant find one that works with windows live mail with vpn turned on, only Hotmail is working, cant even get gmail to work with vpn turned on with live mail

Back