How do I flash a new image to my new DM800SE clone box ?

curryking

Hello

After spending a long time looking I decided to buy a DM800SE which is a clone box ....

When switched on it comes up sunray 4 sim2.

I have spent a long time reading posts in the forums trying to decide which is the best and
clone safe image to flash and also how to flash it ? There is no rs232 connection on the box
which I thought (probably wrongly !) I needed to use with the dream up program ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please :(

Last edited:
Hello,

I,ve managed to work out how to flash images now using Sunray-flashup with mini usb to usb and ethernet cable connected.

With the first two images loaded (and original image the box came with) I just got tuner A empty message.

I have now loaded Merlin 3 which recognizes the tuner , however with the tuner config in simple mode and set to 28.2 degrees it will search and find about 1000 channels but does not save them after exiting, is there a button to push or any other reason ?

Help please !!! :sorrow:

Hi bobby123

I tried flashing the box using the web browser but it never finds the IP address displayed on dm800se, tried with firefox and explorer on win 7 ?? :(

Have you got your PC / Dreambox LAN connections going to a switch or router? If you're connecting them directly you need to use a crossover cable

comeon lad, have you actually googles how to flash the box?

At this stage insert power lead and ETHERNET cable.

1) turn the box of from the back.
2) Keep hold of the power button on the front, while powering up the box
3) only release power button when you see "stop" on front display. couple of second later ip address will be shown
4) Now open web browser, enter ip address, select firmware upgrade and upload you image of choice. - make sure file is in .nfi format.

Back