How do I set up cable TV line with VM to another room Help

dx052

I have Virgin Broad installed recently and the main lead/Hub goes into the living room at the front of the house, I have got a Dual Tuner Sat Box with wifi built in that I want to put in my room and connect it to my TV, besides a cable line what else do I need to make it all come together? I quess I change the connection from Lan to Wifi, will I need powerline adaptors? I only live in a small house and the wifi is quiet good.

Bit confused as to what you want to do. is it the relocating of your sat box to the bedroom or a new box in the bedroom on cable?

You need a cable feed to the box, so it may be easier to use the cable box near the router and move the sat box to the bedroom.

Do you have a cable feed into the bedroom ?

You'll just need a cable feed in the bedroom or split it from somewhere else and run it to the room. As long as the box has wifi for line stuff you should be ok or use powerlines to connect to your router.
What box have you got?

That's the thing I haven't got no cable feed in the room at all, I would have to run a cable it seems from the living room downstairs to my bedroom. An alternative which I am also looking into is running a sky cable from the dish into the room instead as my current line is a Sat line and maybe more straightforward by the sound of things. I am running an Edision Mini dual tuner.

First of all, your dual tuner satellite box will not work with vm cable, you will need to buy a DVB-C tuner, be it a actual module, or a USB tuner. You then need to split your broadband cable using a splitter. One line will go to your modem, the other to your tuners. The device will need internet access to, and whilst Wi-Fi is alright, Ethernet is really preferred. If you're planning on having the tuner/box far away from the modem, you will need to buy a long length of WF100 cable, (20M WHITE VIRGIN MEDIA TV & BROADBAND EXTENSION CABLE: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics) and connect this up the splitter, route this through your house to the box, and plug it in. You will probably also need a F-Type to Coax adapter too, to convert the coax into a acceptable input type on the back of your box (http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Connector-Socket-Aerial-Adapter/dp/B003OSUU14). Hopefully this answers your quarms. You can also use your sat dish with this if you keep a DVB-S2 tuner in your box.

Guys,
Sounds like a stupid question but with the dual tuner box, is it just the 1 vm cable going into tuner A or do I need a second into Tuner B to record & watch a different channel?
Box is a mini premium dual cable tuner.
Waiting on the box so can't check physically and wanted clarity before it arrives.

Thanks Leader,
It does say somewhere that you can loop from A to B, or would it be best to stick with the splitter?

Loop or splitter on a Extend ET-8000 bees whats the best way on this box twin cable turners

I have done all of the above. The problem I have no is the picture is almost unwatchable . glitching and freezing . Is there any way I can improve the signal . I think it has to do with the cable being so far away from where the feed is coming from?

Back