How Good Is Zgemma's WiFi ?

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Moving home and need to know is it necessary for it to be hardwired if the router's in the same room ? Is it likely to glitch and freeze?
Also would i need to buy a seperate dongle or would it be better to buy some homeplugs
Thanks

Last edited:
Moving home and need to know is it necessary for it to be hardwired if the router's in the same room ? Is it likely to glitch and freeze?
Also would i need to buy a seperate dongle ?
Thanks
hardwired is best in my opinion m8

Last edited:
shopping
get these type then plug the extension lead in to it.

@NazoDoop zgemma wifi? which model you on about?
wifi is ok if using for c/s on VM but I would hardwire any E2 box for IPTV streaming, homeplugswork well with these boxes but best to use directly connected to the wall socket, if at all possible best not to use any kind of extension for power or other connections!

Brilliant thanks guys.
@pieeater2015 I just looked after you posted and they have them in currys for £40 etc which is great,

@BeakyFord I did look through my menu on my i55 and didn't see anywhere to scan for wi-fi networks.

The homeplugs sound like a good idea, when i know where i'm moving i can take it from there i suppose.

Last edited:
Think i'll just go for hardwired, its only a cheap cable for 25 to 50metres ( £10 )

Family member has his homeplugs in an extension socket ! I thought it had to go into the mains

Last edited:
Think i'll just go for hardwired, its only a cheap cable for 25 to 50metres ( £10 )

Family member has his homeplugs in an extension socket ! I thought it had to go into the mains
There better to go into mains but some people have to have them in extensions as not a plug socket free as the extension can cause interference with the home plugs

There better to go into mains but some people have to have them in extensions as not a plug socket free as the extension can cause interference with the home plugs

Fair enough.
I suppose you only need homeplugs if the router is in a different room to the zgemma, if there in the same room may as well just do it hardwired

Fair enough.
I suppose you only need homeplugs if the router is in a different room to the zgemma, if there in the same room may as well just do it hardwired
Yeah mate if I change my room round I use a 10m ethanet cable to get from one end of room to other or I use WiFi dongle it is better stability hard wired tho

Yeah mate if I change my room round I use a 10m ethanet cable to get from one end of room to other or I use WiFi dongle it is better stability hard wired tho

There doesn't seem to be any option to use a WiFi dongle with the i55.
I just connected a dongle, went into device settings in network and it just comes up with a lan connection

Does it have to be the specific zgemma dongle you can get off ebay.amazon ? I've just bought one will test it out asap

Last edited:
How far away from the router will you be? I use a 10 metre ethernet cable off ebay cost £4ish and tacked it around the skirting board behind the sofa with cable clips 99p for 100. Me personally would always go hard wired when I had the Zgemma s2 tried a WiFi dingle and didn't rate it poor IPTV performance.

How far away from the router will you be? I use a 10 metre ethernet cable off ebay cost £4ish and tacked it around the skirting board behind the sofa with cable clips 99p for 100. Me personally would always go hard wired when I had the Zgemma s2 tried a WiFi dingle and didn't rate it poor IPTV performance.

No idea yet as I haven’t moved. I’m hoping the router will be able to go in the living room ( obviously depending where the phone line is and where router will have to be )

Ideally I would hard wire like you said ( not gonna be possible if the router is in another room from my zgemma ) or use homeplugs
Last resort would be zgemma WiFi and failing that I’ll have to use my firestick instead.

Just trying to cover it from all angles s really
Thanks

i use a 10 metre ethernet cable to go to a PC upstairs, router is downstairs.
practically none of it is on show, it comes from the router, through the outside wall behind telly, up the wall outside, through bedroom wall an behind carpet/skirting corner around to PC.
Took half an hour to put in, been there 8 years

i use a 10 metre ethernet cable to go to a PC upstairs, router is downstairs.
practically none of it is on show, it comes from the router, through the outside wall behind telly, up the wall outside, through bedroom wall an behind carpet/skirting corner around to PC.
Took half an hour to put in, been there 8 years

That’s fair enough but I’m renting and probably won’t be allowed to drill through walls

No idea yet as I haven’t moved. I’m hoping the router will be able to go in the living room ( obviously depending where the phone line is and where router will have to be )

Ideally I would hard wire like you said ( not gonna be possible if the router is in another room from my zgemma ) or use homeplugs
Last resort would be zgemma WiFi and failing that I’ll have to use my firestick instead.

Just trying to cover it from all angels really
Thanks
My router is in the hallway certainly much rather spend £5 on the cable and clips, it's only a 10 minute job and gives you that added piece of mind your connection is stable.

Back