How Good Is Zgemma's WiFi ?

cables clipped to skirtings looks kak, pull the edge of the carpet back and there's a one inch gap between gripper rods and skirting, LAN fits in here nicely, if laminate down, try and get white lan cables and white clips.
not grey Lan cable and black clips like in the house I worked in today :poop:

cables clipped to skirtings looks kak, pull the edge of the carpet back and there's a one inch gap between gripper rods and skirting, LAN fits in here nicely, if laminate down, try and get white lan cables and white clips.
not grey Lan cable and black clips like in the house I worked in today :poop:
It does look pretty poo if not done right slapdash style, ours match the paint work so hardly noticeable to be fair.
Kak or not still more reliable than a WiFi connection on a Zgemma.

That’s fair enough but I’m renting and probably won’t be allowed to drill through walls
Unless your rental agreement specifies you cannot drill holes through the outside walls there is nothing the landlords can do. What if you wanted sky or Virgin fitted. Or a bt phone line. A clever bit of filler when you leave and know one will know.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated

With any luck wherever I move has the phone line in the living room it will save lots of hassle. The property I’m in now and the two I have visited so far have the connection in the living room which is reassuring.
Once I know where I’m moving to I can take it from there. I’ll probably try home plugs as I’ve read good review on them. If they’re no good, then I’ll have to consider drilling through a wall as a very last resort

Thats what I use in kids bedroom maybe plug and play or should be the rt5370 chipset mate if it comes boxed should say on back of box

Thanks baz I’ll give it a go when it gets here. Managed to find rt5370 driver in woosh.
Is that for iptv or cs you use it for ?
Worth a try for a fiver I suppose
The one I bought is 2.4ghz, which is slower than 5hz but supposed to be more stable

@NazoDoop zgemma wifi? which model you on about?
wifi is ok if using for c/s on VM but I would hardwire any E2 box for IPTV streaming, homeplugswork well with these boxes but best to use directly connected to the wall socket, if at all possible best not to use any kind of extension for power or other connections!

@BeakyFord zgemma i55 ( iptv only )

Last edited:
Thanks baz I’ll give it a go when it gets here. Managed to find rt5370 driver in woosh.
Is that for iptv or cs you use it for ?
Worth a try for a fiver I suppose
The one I bought is 2.4ghz, which is slower than 5hz but supposed to be more stable

@BeakyFord zgemma i55 ( iptv only )
Can be used for anything sat cable iptv mate

Ok thanks, does it work well with IPTV or is it glitchy ?

Installed all the drivers for the dongle i use in me pc and doesn't work. Hopefully the one i've ordered off eBay works.
It works quite well to me mate to whats kids say anyway but depends on your actual bb speeds I get 40mbps but hit 26mbps upstairs wireless and watched boxing upstairs on iptv and had 1 glitch all night

Got my dongle, it reduced my speed from 66mb to 10mb ! Awful, glad it only cost a 5er

My router is literally right next to the box as well.

Try it without vpn bet your speeds increase mate

They probably would, it's the same as my PC.. 75mb without vpn, 10mb with VPN.

Not turning me VPN off, like i said i'll go for homeplugs or just use a firestick if i have to when i move

Thanks guys

VPN on your PC I agree 100% protect yourself from prying eyes but on E2 only run when the blocks are in place

Thats fair enough, but like I said before, i'll be kicking myself if i get a letter from my ISP reg. streaming when i could have used one

Thats fair enough, but like I said before, i'll be kicking myself if i get a letter from my ISP reg. streaming when i could have used one
Lol I've been streaming downloading torrents for years no letters been sent by my isp and as for vpns won't use one until the day comes that I do to me as @BeakyFord has said for pc yeah use one but not for iptv unless you need too there's too many paranoid people around and bet half of people who work for sly ect stream illegally anyway

Back