How To Create Apple ID Without Credit Card Information

axxxo

VIP Member
images

If you have created an Apple ID before you might have been asked to enter your credit card details during the signup process for future payments of music, apps and so on the you may purchase from the store.

As more and more of our youngsters are using these devices its important that they do not have control of what can be purchased from your card. Unfortunately during a normal signup process Apple make this as difficult as possible.

You will be presented with this screen and as you can see there is no option to select to continue the signup process without having to enter card details, it just wont allow it.

No option.jpg

Here's the trick on how to sign up without entering any credit Card Details.

While you have iTunes open, go to the app store and select a FREE app from the store, now it will ask you to sign in or create an account.

create.jpg

Click on create account.

Now after entering your email details and security question and password, on the next screen, which will be billing information, you should hopefully see the NONE option so you can continue creating the account for your child without having to enter any card details and running up your bill without you knowing.
Thanks for reading and thanks Apple for making that as difficullt as possible you a##wipes.

None Option.jpg

Excellent find Axxo. As you saa more and more kids useing itunes or people that dont have access to bank accounts.
Personally i never use my bank as i have itunes gift vouchers, but even to put those in you had to set up an account with bank details.!

For some reason it still asks for your billing address and telephone number! But if your only purchasing free apps or using a voucher you shouldn't need to give personal details.

I used a made up address and an old telephone number and it worked. i used any street at anytown but a real postcode. So now have a new Apple ID for free apps :)

Last edited:
Back