Cable How to remove plugin message

satboy1

Hello can some one help.....

Hi. loaded an "armv7a.ipk plugin file onto my usb stick..it loaded fine nto the zgemma H7S box.... And with no errors....i restarted the box but got an error message.... Related to the incorrect loading of an incorrect type plugin.....mips32el.ipk
unfortunately i loaded this wrong version of the plugin yesterday...with a mips32el.ipk... thought i had deleted it..by using Telnet in putty..and typing in "opkg remove XtreamTV" ...and with this i thought the message was gone..but tonight when i load successully an armv7a.ipk..and restart the box, the error message showed up again..and no sign of the xtream plugin....with armv7a.ipk
can you help how to erase this message..as it can be the only thing stopping the armv7a.ipk from loading...??
Thanks
Is there an easy fix.... Even if I need to use telnet more precisely... Or do i need to reflash box.
Thanks for any help..

AFAIK the command to remove plugins with putty is opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-nameofplugin.

Failing that just go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions/ and delete the offending folder and reboot.

It only takes just over 2 minutes to make a full system image on a H7. My advice for the future would be to make an image and you can flash right back if there are issues.

AFAIK the command to remove plugins with putty is opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-nameofplugin.

Failing that just go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extensions/ and delete the offending folder and reboot.

It only takes just over 2 minutes to make a full system image on a H7. My advice for the future would be to make an image and you can flash right back if there are issues.

Hi ...i followed the route to go into the system using fizzlla..and followed the path as above..... ?usr/lib..etc..and deleted the complete yellow folder called xtream....which i saw contained the info i thought was the offending info.....
BUT
should I have left the yellow folder called Xtreram..cos after i deleted and rebooted i immideately loaded up the usb stick..the new plugin loaded successfully...atleast with the info on screen saying something like loaded succssfullly, 0 errors 0 deletions, and after rebooting again i went into plugins..but no xtream plugin..??
So can i go bak in and add the yellow folder called xtream..and will the new xtream plugin then be there...?

BTW it is the correct xtream plugin version im loading by name....armv7a the type for my new zgemma H7S
Appreciate any help with this....
cheers guys.

Check if the xtream folder exists for a start.
Does the plugin usually appear in the plugin menu? some don't and only appear in the menu.

Check if the xtream folder exists for a start.
Does the plugin usually appear in the plugin menu? some don't and only appear in the menu.

Hi..thanks to reply.....
firstly..are you asking to check at the stage of the complete route ..to check at" /plugins/ "..... if xtream exisits here...??..cos i continued from /plugins/ to extensions/and deleted the folder here called xtream....?? (and obviuosly everything inside went with it..)
if i understand your question i need to check at /plugins/ to see if the folder xtream exists there...am i understanding you correctly...?
AND
im not at all sure where the plugin should appear......but its not appearing in the menu's on screen (if i go to menu....plugins its not there....)

I await your help...thanks to help...

Hi..thanks to reply.....
firstly..are you asking to check at the stage of the complete route ..to check at" /plugins/ "..... if xtream exisits here...??..cos i continued from /plugins/ to extensions/and deleted the folder here called xtream....?? (and obviuosly everything inside went with it..)
if i understand your question i need to check at /plugins/ to see if the folder xtream exists there...am i understanding you correctly...?
AND
im not at all sure where the plugin should appear......but its not appearing in the menu's on screen (if i go to menu....plugins its not there....)

I await your help...thanks to help...

Yes.......Willo3092 your correct..and that is the file i have on usb stick...and loading successfully (according to on screen messages) but its not showing in the menu ...?

Yes.......Willo3092 your correct..and that is the file i have on usb stick...and loading successfully (according to on screen messages) but its not showing in the menu ...?

sorry to add more info.....but..im of the understanding that most providers of iptv prefer that they send you the plugin for xtream..is this because they have added their own info to it...?
i did have the armv7a plugin loaded..but was asked to remove it..and got this problem for myself..cant reload another...

I've never used the plugin so maybe someone who has, can help?
Not all plugins appear in the plugin menu.
Sometimes they are in the standard menu (Press menu key on remote) or in the extensions menu (long press blue button or portal button).
I'm off to work now, good luck :(y):

Back