How to set up your Vu+Duo. with ViX

Hi, I've just setup my solo2 as stated in this guide...techkings.org/vu-duo-support/40242-how-set-up-your-vu-duo-vix.html and installed mgcamd 1.38. after rebooting, ftp mg_cfg and newcamd.list with nline inside (starting with cws = ....). But still only fta. can anayone help?

Hi

my friend has an old vu duo that has not been in use for about 4-5 yrs.
the front panel display lights don't come on anymore. Can anyone help with that?

the main thing I'd like to do for him is to get his vu duo up and running on the latest vix image with a sky skin....I managed to ftp a line to it and it worked...he has a old vix image on it but he can't update it via box for some reason...could someone help us in doing a usb flash of the latest image and possibly with a back up file to speed up the process?

I haven't had a proper look at how old the firmware is and that but it didn't look to old to me so I don't what a boot loader is and if he would need one.

thanks

box is old but is it a clone any v stickers underneath,if original images are still on wos home of vix.if no lights on front panel box could be having internal issues and wondering if red light and booting issue to follow?box also needs a usb setup for epg and swapfile and will run slow with latest images.
old images stop you from downloading plugins as its too old,a new image will restore access to downloads then follow bees tut.

box is old but is it a clone any v stickers underneath,if original images are still on wos home of vix.if no lights on front panel box could be having internal issues and wondering if red light and booting issue to follow?box also needs a usb setup for epg and swapfile and will run slow with latest images.
old images stop you from downloading plugins as its too old,a new image will restore access to downloads then follow bees tut.

im not sure if it's a clone mate as its not my box... I might have to borrow it off him and to have good thorough look at it.
lets for the time being assume it's not a clone, which version of the vix image would say would best suit it in terms won't slow it down? I.e hades, Apollo ,etc??? As you said the latest vix image would slow it down.

thanks

Last edited:
Back