How to stop a recording

mickey06

How do you stop a recording to free up a tuner?

When I go to Planner and a program is recording the red button deletes the programme. I don't want to do this I merely want to stop one recording in order to free up a tuner. I presume it should be simple to do, but I can't see how to do this.

No it will fully delete the timer
You could try disabling the timer until after it would of finished recording, not tried it myself but guess it should work
Just remember to re-enable it after

The problem I am trying to solve is when a show ends at say 20:30; the recording runs on until a few minutes after 20:30. And if I am recording another channel it means that I need to wait until the end of the buffer until I can watch a third channel (which does happen, especially when the Missus is recording I'm A Celebrity).
It seems like a bit of an oversight that you can't simply stop recording without having to undertake the fairly drastic action of deleting a timer!

If you press the red record button(while recording two programmes) it gives you 10 options..............one of them should suit!!

Or you can change how long after a show finishes before recordings stops. Think it's set to 4 or 5 minutes by default. Cut it back to one or zero minutes.

If you delete the timer by pressing the 'timer' button it deletes the one timer only not the series link. To delete the series link you need to go Menu -> Timers -> Autotimers and then delete the one you no longer need. If you just want to reduce the time it carries on recording after the finish time for a particular autotimer you can edit the autotimer from the same screen by highlightng the autotimer you want to edit and press OK, and enable 'custom offset' and change the 'offset before recording' and 'offset after recording'. Press the green button to save the changes.

Back