HTC Desire

mallei1

I have just taken my first leap of faith from a samsung omnia windows 6.1 to the new HTC desire with the 1ghz snap dragon processor and HTC's sense UI.

OMG what a machine i am astonished at how smart this thing is and the speed at which i can flick between apps.
If you get one phone this year make sure it is this one hands down the I phone killer has arrive

Yours truly and android convert.

Its the one i will be getting in September, have a friend who has one and is delighted with it, but says the battery is not the greatest.
How do you find the battery?

It is battery hungry for sure but i think that is because i can't stop playing with it, i charge it every night religiously as it is my alarm clock as well but i don't think it is hungrier than any other smart phone out there now considering all the stuff it can run including full satnav using google maps very cool app.

Good luck and enjoy

Had mine since April ( t-mobile). Finally got the upgrade to 2.2. It's just an amazing smartphone. The wifi tethering with 2.2 is fantastic. I have a caravan so the Desire with my laptop works a treat. Quite fast as well. The save to SD is necessary as the desire only as 512, with much of that used on Android and UI. 7 months Iv'e had this phone and it still amazes me what it can do.
If you put all power saving widgets on the front and only turn on when needed, along with App killer, my battery last 2 days easy.

Try Chrome to phone. Brilliant
If your using GPS with Google maps, when the maps have downloaded switch 3G off (save your mb)
easiest way press top button tap off.

I know the phone inside out now so any questions ask!

Ste

I upgraded to this phone a few weeks ago and i love it, however, i now see that the HD desire is out shortly which seems to come with a lot more "bells and whistles" and also seems to have resolved the battery draining issue which is my only gripe with the phone.

What's the views on here of the new Desire?

cheggs

edited to add: cracking avatar murz!

I upgraded to this phone a few weeks ago and i love it, however, i now see that the HD desire is out shortly which seems to come with a lot more "bells and whistles" and also seems to have resolved the battery draining issue which is my only gripe with the phone.

What's the views on here of the new Desire?

cheggs

edited to add: cracking avatar murz!

Its an absolute cracker of a phone cheggs, but believe me there is no way they have resolved the battery issue, its woeful.

Is there much to do on these phones without having to go on bill pay option?
Im happy enough paying 20euro a month for my free texts to all networks on O2 but thats about all i can do with the dam thing.
Dont wanna have a top a the range phone just sitting there with no functionality for me other than text messages and calls, whats the point!?

Is there much to do on these phones without having to go on bill pay option?
Im happy enough paying 20euro a month for my free texts to all networks on O2 but thats about all i can do with the dam thing.
Dont wanna have a top a the range phone just sitting there with no functionality for me other than text messages and calls, whats the point!?

if your on 02 get an iphone you get free internet access almost anywhere with 02 which means you dont pay any extra, plus there is also ping chat ( and other similar apps) for free texts on iphone, itouch, andriod and BB's

Hi Can sum1 help me with this... I have a HTC HD2 on android an want to update the fmeware to the new Android 2.2 platform.

Hi Can sum1 help me with this... I have a HTC HD2 on android an want to update the fmeware to the new Android 2.2 platform.
sorry what exactly do you mean, as im sure it should tell you when a new update is available and either auto update or ask you if you want to update. But have no idea. you can always contact any phone store and ask how if your not sure.

THIS will be a good starting point for you Starking,i dont have that particular phone,but i do have the wildfire on 2.3.5,will help you out with what knowledge i have if needed

Guys

I have an old phone the HTC HD2 which is on Windows mobile and we all know how sh**t that is, so I heard that there is a way of installing an android operating system on this phone can everyone help..:whistling:

Guys

I have an old phone the HTC HD2 which is on Windows mobile and we all know how sh**t that is, so I heard that there is a way of installing an android operating system on this phone can everyone help..:whistling:
ah right now you have explained in more detail what you are after people can help you better! but neither me or the guy Sinno above have that so its a matter of waiting to see if anyone else can help

Guys

Did you look at the link i pointed you to

Back