Ibox 2 will not re flash- Help needed please

gazza97

Hello everyone. I am trying to update my Ibox 2 (standard with Scart and HDMI), the box is original not Korean as I have opened it and the PCB has air digital ddt 1000hd wrote on them.
Could someone please advise if I will need a new bootloader, and if so point me in the right direction and also what the latest VIX I could upload onto this box.
The current VIX image will no longer allow plugin downloads so I cannot update the channel list.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone. I am trying to update my Ibox 2 (standard with Scart and HDMI), the box is original not Korean as I have opened it and the PCB has air digital ddt 1000hd wrote on them.
Could someone please advise if I will need a new bootloader, and if so point me in the right direction and also what the latest VIX I could upload onto this box.
The current VIX image will no longer allow plugin downloads so I cannot update the channel list.

Thanks in advance

Are you trying to flash a newer Vix image or a OpenATV image?

I know before now with the OpenATV image I've needed to rename a file on the USB from noforce to force for the flash to start correctly

I have managed to load Vix 3.0.600 onto the box but no cannot install the channels from the plugin downloader. Is there any way to FTP the maker to the box?

Ther does not appear to be support for the ibox 2, only + and SE

---------- Post Merged at 11:57 AM ----------

any help to load a new image would be much appreciated

Stop dude. Ur going ahead when u said no rush.......

Sent u pm for standard 2 images..... u sure its not 2+?

no the images that I have seen the box has plus written on the front panel, this box just has Cloud IBox ll on the front pannel

you have lost me there?

---------- Post Merged at 12:10 PM ----------

ok I have downloaded openvix-Zeus.008-cloud-ibox-2_usb. Low level formatted and windows formatted the USB. Pasted the XP100 folder on to the USB
Shall I try and Flash now?

Ok, all went well with the flash, new image on, however when I try to install plugins I get the message server is down, so I cannot download the cams or the channel bouquets.

Could someone please help.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 02:10 PM ----------

Cams now installed, just need to find out how to add channel bouquets

Ok, all went well with the flash, new image on, however when I try to install plugins I get the message server is down, so I cannot download the cams or the channel bouquets.

Could someone please help.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 02:10 PM ----------

Cams now installed, just need to find out how to add channel bouquets

try this

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_20141113r1_mips32el.rar
    119 KB · Views: 29
Autobouquets should already be in that image.
menu
setup
service searching
abm.

---------- Post Merged at 02:52 PM ----------

Server will be down for good if its a old 2 box I think.

Sorry I'm a newbie and don't know we're to post my box. Is a zGemma and running off xp100 is this correct or should I update it in background many thanks Nige

Hi everyone, dont know if this will help. Ive had issues trying to reflash my Vix image, i have tried the recommended route i.e USB with cloud loaded and positioned in the rear slot. I think what the issue is , the internal memory doesn't delete old files so the hard drive is full. Ive formatted my usb to FAT 32 and put it in the front side slot. Ive opened menu on the box, opened setup and opened the Vix, opened the image manager and downloaded a new image on to the usb. when downloaded i have restored this onto the box, totally successful. CAUTION, you will have to reinstall all your plugins and files such as mg_cfg, newcamd.list and CCam.fig, so make sure you save this, i used dreambox control center (DCC). Iam running a cloud ibox 3 se. Hope this is of some use .

Back