Info about adding iptv on zgemma

poal98

I just ordered one zgemma h5.2 tc decoder and I was looking on internet on how to add the iptv on the decoder and for what I've understood the only way is to install the xtream editor app on the box and send the qr code to the iptv provider so they can link the code with a line ID. The problem is that I asked my iptv provider and they told me that they don't do the proces with the qr code but they just send me a url and i send them a mac address (same process of the mag box). So is it possible to do it this way just adding a url to the box (something like a m3u link I suppose)? I really don't understand why on internet I see only the possibility to add the iptv with the app xtream editor. Once I will receive the decoder I would like to try a firmware like the wooshbuild so it's important that this process of adding the iptv is also available with the firmware. Wait for your explanations..
thanks in advance

there are numerous ways to install IPTV, some provide a plugin in which you enter your username/password and it adds the IPTV to the normal epg, some use the xtream plugin and some run a script that then does simular but they can be a pain to remove if needed.

I don't use xtream so can't comment on exactly how that works.

there are numerous ways to install IPTV, some provide a plugin in which you enter your username/password and it adds the IPTV to the normal epg, some use the xtream plugin and some run a script that then does simular but they can be a pain to remove if needed.

I don't use xtream so can't comment on exactly how that works.
Thanks and you use a custom build/firmware?
The iptv provider just told me that they will give me a link .sh that i will probably need to past in the command line in putty. Is this process also gonna work if I install a custom firmware on the box like wooshbuild?

it will work with any firmware, yes it will work with wooshbuild, they are using the script method I mentioned above, you need to telnet to the box and enter the command he sends you. If using a ATV 6.1 based image then you can enter the command via the Web Interface, not sure about vix. If not then you will need to install putty on your computer and then enter the command that way.

If you change provider at a later date, it will be a pain to remove.

it will work with any firmware, yes it will work with wooshbuild, they are using the script method I mentioned above, you need to telnet to the box and enter the command he sends you. If using a ATV 6.1 based image then you can enter the command via the Web Interface, not sure about vix. If not then you will need to install putty on your computer and then enter the command that way.

ok thanks and after using this method with the script what epg plugin do you suggest me to download to have all the correct epg? Or with the custom firmware the epg will be added automatically to the channels?

probably the easiest thing to do if your provider is wanting you to run a script is set your box up with an image whether it be grogbuild, wooshbuild or any other build but before you add the script make a complete backup of your box.
Cos as grog says it is a bit of a faff if the provider changes the script or if you change provider. Then that way all you would have to do is re-flash your box with the backup you made and then re-load the new script. You wont have to start from scratch again.
You need to be asking your provider about epg make sure they have one. They will probably use epg importer and tell you what sources to tick to bring in the epg

probably the easiest thing to do if your provider is wanting you to run a script is set your box up with an image whether it be grogbuild, wooshbuild or any other build but before you add the script make a complete backup of your box.
Cos as grog says it is a bit of a faff if the provider changes the script or if you change provider. Then that way all you would have to do is re-flash your box with the backup you made and then re-load the new script. You wont have to start from scratch again.
You need to be asking your provider about epg make sure they have one. They will probably use epg importer and tell you what sources to tick to bring in the epg
ok thanks.. can you also tell me how to create a complete backup of the box?

Best idea

Flash wooshbuild
Go to plugins
Press green button
E2M3UBOUQUETS
Ask your provider for username and password

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Best idea

Flash wooshbuild
Go to plugins
Press green button
E2M3UBOUQUETS
Ask your provider for username and password

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk
ok thanks but I don't think my iptv provider can give me username and password but just the script sh to paste in the command line

To have the epg for every iptv and sat channel guys can you tell me which plugin do you suggest me to use once i will install the iptv through the sh script?

For iptv epg most use epg import plugin, But you need to make sure your iptv service gives you the epg for channels and they will tell you what sources to tick in the epg import plugin,

The user name and Password will be on the Script he passes you..
ok but I've just seen that it also asks for the provider name and if the name of the provider is the name of my iptv provider's site then it's not on the list...Which one should I select then?

I just installed the wooshbuild firmware and I see that i can't set all the interface in italian language but only in english.. Does your firmware have the italian language selectable?

I just installed the wooshbuild firmware and I see that i can't set all the interface in italian language but only in english.. Does your firmware have the italian language selectable?
Yes, I don't delete any of the languages when I build so italian should be there.

Yes, I don't delete any of the languages when I build so italian should be there.
actually also my iptv provider just told me now that his method is the one by installing xtream tv plugin. Please tell me if it's possible to add the channels and bouquets by using this method because as I see on youtube you will have to open every time the app xtream tv (and access the channels from the app) and it's not very convenient especially for my parents that prefer something easy. And also it's important because i don't know if it's possibile to record the iptv channels that are not in the bouquet /main channel list.

On grogbuild wooshbuild (atv) its blue button > complete backup > red to backup to hdd or green to save to usb
i just did the backup now on both my usb in the rear usb port and in my hard disk in the front usb port and I don't understand why if i click on restore settings it gives me an error "no backup found"..How can I restore my complete backups?

Back