Info on zGemma H2S Box

RapsterUK

Hi, I’ve just got a zGemma H2S box from my father in law, it’s running Vix 5.1 build 0. I just want to use it for IPTV and so have not connected the satelite dish to it, just Ethernet, HDMI and of course power, oh and an 8GB USB stick for swap and maybe some recordings etc. It has XtreamTV IPTV installed with a current subscription. I was thinking about upgrading to the latest version of Vix but didn’t want to lose the IPTV as I have no account details for it, do I need them or does it purely go by my MAC address?

Also, is it possible to add the Xstream channels to the EPG and get programme details?

Thanks in advance!
Nigel

Am I missing something?
A decent IPTV provider gives you an install script you run via Putty, you select their source in EPG importer, and in under 5 minutes your up in running with all the channels in the correct bouquets, in order, and a full EPG guide?

What is it Xtream is required for?
I see it mentioned a lot these days re IPTV but it's never crossed my radar.

xtream tv works on mac address so if you use another box you will have a different mac address which will be a problem.Ask your supplier if he can give you a username and password and a script and you can use that on any box.

Thanks for info guys, this matches what I've found out using Google :) From what I can see, xStreamTV offer and admin panel for IPTV providers, they use this to create their own unique xStreamTV plugin which contains their service info baked in. Once you have the plugin installed you supply your provider with your MAC address and you get access to there service.

My problem is that I got the box from my father in law and he can't find any e-mails or info from when he brought the box, I think the IPTV may have already been setup for him by the person/company he brought it from. So I need some way of finding our who my provider for IPTV is. I've had a look at the location on the box that the plugin is installed hoping to find a config/settings file that might tell me, but so far no luck, which suggests the service provider details are hard coded into the plugin :(

What is it Xtream is required for?
I see it mentioned a lot these days re IPTV but it's never crossed my radar.

some providers send a script for putty others use xcplugin & xtream editdor, xcplugin loads channels via the plugin & xtream creates the listings into bouquets so they appear within our skins same as Sly used to do, both script & plugin methods work but having xcplugin is a bonus because even IF xtream messes up you can still access channels via the xcplugin (plus the 3pm kickoff list is cleaner)

Last edited:
some providers send a script for putty others use xcplugin & xtream editdor, xcplugin loads channels via the plugin & xtream creates the listings into bouquets so they appear within our skins same as Sly used to do, both script & plugin methods work but having xcplugin is a bonus because even IF xtream messes up you can still access channels via the xcplugin (plus the 3pm kickoff list is cleaner)

Hi,

Could you please explain how to set up a zgemma h2h with an xcplugin?
Also if I purchase a subscription how do I know what platform they use?
Any advice appreciated.

With thanks Satts

This is something your provider should help you with, you should receive a few files & a guide to follow!

Yeah, mine has detailed PDF guides to get IPTV on
Enigma 2 boxes
Fire stick
Android tablet
Raspberry Pi
Xbox one

if u have xtream where it shows live -vod - info click in info should show details after upgrade download xtream in xtensions in plugins u should be ready to go

I use script method for IPTV but I use xc plugin for VOD as I find VOD in bouquets is not the best but as others have said ,best to speak to your provider and they should be able to help you out.

Ive been experimenting on different ways to install iptv onto an enigma2 box(ZGemma). Ive tried script through putty. Which is quick, then import epg through the epg import plugin. Another way is to install the suls e2m3u2bouquet plugin. But instead of trying to add your details via the remote which you can make mistakes. Just add your providers name to the provider list then save. Close the plugin down i didnt even use filezilla to connect to the box, all i did was go on my network to my zgemma box then went to root/etc/enigma2/ e2m3u2bouquet, locate the config.xml file which will be created, right click on the file open with notepad, here is the code lines in there you can add all your details m3u url epg url username password even setup how you want your vod i have mine categorized. Make your sub active then overwrite the existing config.xml. To overwrite select all files in the drop down box, the config file will display, then save as it will prompt to overwrite. Then when you load up iptv bouquet maker plugin everythings added. All you need to do is import your epg from your iptv source. Ive never used that xstream im guessing its a bit like the stb emu app my supplier doesnt support it . My vod streams are excellent smooth no glitching at all high quality too.
I will insert the default code to give people an idea for those who have never tried this way.
your code to add will look similar to this
m3u url http://iptv.info:8080/get.php?username=**********&password=**********&type=m3u_plus&output=ts
Epg url

http://iptv.info:8080/xmltv.php?username=*********&password=*********

Code:
  <supplier>
    <name>provider name here </name><!-- Supplier Name -->
    <enabled>0</enabled><!-- Enable or disable the supplier (0 or 1) -->
    <settingslevel>simple</settingslevel>
    <m3uurl><![CDATA[add here]]></m3uurl><!-- Extended M3U url -->
    <epgurl><![CDATA[add here]]></epgurl><!-- XMLTV EPG url -->
    <username><![CDATA[add here]]></username><!-- (Optional) will replace USERNAME placeholder in urls -->
    <password><![CDATA[add here]]></password><!-- (Optional) will replace PASSWORD placeholder in urls -->
    <providerupdate><![CDATA[]]></providerupdate><!-- (Optional) Provider update url -->
    <iptvtypes>0</iptvtypes><!-- Change all TV streams to IPTV type (0 or 1) -->
    <streamtypetv></streamtypetv><!-- (Optional) Custom TV stream type (e.g. 1, 4097, 5001 or 5002 -->
    <streamtypevod></streamtypevod><!-- (Optional) Custom VOD stream type (e.g. 4097, 5001 or 5002 -->
    <multivod>put 0 or 1 here</multivod><!-- Split VOD into seperate categories (0 or 1) -->
    <allbouquet>0</allbouquet><!-- Create all channels bouquet (0 or 1) -->
    <picons>0</picons><!-- Automatically download Picons (0 or 1) -->
    <xcludesref>1</xcludesref><!-- Disable service ref overriding from override.xml file (0 or 1) -->
    <bouqueturl><![CDATA[]]></bouqueturl><!-- (Optional) url to download providers bouquet - to map custom service references -->
    <bouquetdownload>0</bouquetdownload><!-- Download providers bouquet (uses default url) must have username and password set above - to map custom service references -->
    <bouquettop>0</bouquettop><!-- Place IPTV bouquets at top (0 or 1) -->
  </supplier>
</config>

Last edited:
Back