Informations about the zgemma h5.2s plus

poal98

Hi guys,
At home I have a mag 256 iptv box and I'm willing to return it to the seller because with the mag I really can't record no channels and buy instead this zgemma h5.2s plus. So I'm really interested to buy this decoder h5.2s plus but i would like to ask you some informations about it first:
- Can you do scheduled recording with this decoder? Also is it possible to record while the decoder is turned off? My plan is to use this decoder with an IPTV provider so it's important that i will have the possibility to record the iptv channels and eventually also some channels from the antenna of the parabola.
- I've read that a lot of you install other firmwares on the decoder like the Wooshbuild. Are the installation of these firmwares gonna void the warranty of the decoder? And what's the advantage to install these firmwares?
Wait your news and thanks in advance

Recording iptv is a lucky dip, sometimes it works and others won’t
I don’t anyone that has a trouble free on recording on any box

If you're iptv provider does not provide full epg info for the feeds/channels then you won't be able to schedule recordings.

You should be able to record an iptv feed as long as the box is not on another iptv channel at the same time,

Recording iptv is a lucky dip, sometimes it works and others won’t
I don’t anyone that has a trouble free on recording on any box
and what about the warranty of the decoder? Is it gonna be void once you will install these firmwares on it?

the warrenty should not be effected as long as you don't take to top off the box.

If you're iptv provider does not provide full epg info for the feeds/channels then you won't be able to schedule recordings.

You should be able to record an iptv feed as long as the box is not on another iptv channel at the same time,
mm ok so even while the decoder is turned off it's gonna keep recording the channels?

I've not used either but I believe the H5 is more powerful than the i55 but could be wrong.

Yes, if the box is in standby it will continue to record.

I've not used either but I believe the H5 is more powerful than the i55 but could be wrong.

Yes, if the box is in standby it will continue to record.
ok thanks and about the firmware do you suggest me to install one firmware or to leave the stock one installed in the decoder? If yes which firmware would you suggest me?
I'm also looking for some firmware on this site for the decoder and I've just seen for example on the woolwish v7 thread that the compatibility is just for the zgemma h5.2s and not for the h5.2s plus. Can I use the firmware for the version h5.2s or it can cause bootloop if I install it in the h5.2s plus version?

H5.2TC firmware will work fine on the H5.2S+ :(y):

My H5.2TC build is made on a H5.2S+
Any H5 firmware will work on any H5 variant.

H5.2TC firmware will work fine on the H5.2S+ :(y):

My H5.2TC build is made on a H5.2S+
Any H5 firmware will work on any H5 variant.
mm ok thanks. I'm looking now on both the variants h5.2tc and h5.2s plus decoder. In this case which one of these two has better hardware?

Not sure about H265, I've never worried about it.
It just means that the receiver is capable of playing recordings that have been made in H265.
It doesn't actually record things in H265, it's standard .ts same as all other E2 receivers.

Not sure about H265, I've never worried about it.
It just means that the receiver is capable of playing recordings that have been made in H265.
It doesn't actually record things in H265, it's standard .ts same as all other E2 receivers.
mm ok thanks. so the compatibily you were talking about between the h5.2s tc and the h5.2s plus is just for your build right? Not for every build in the thread

No, any H5 firmware will work with any other H5 variant.
The only difference between them is the tuners and all H5 firmware has drivers for DVB-S and DVB-C/T tuners.

H5.2S = 2 x DVB-S tuners
H5.2S+ = 2 x DVB-S tuners and 1 x DVB-C/T tuner
H5.2TC = 1 x DVB-S tuner and 2 x DVB-C/T tuners

No, any H5 firmware will work with any other H5 variant.
The only difference between them is the tuners and all H5 firmware has drivers for DVB-S and DVB-C/T tuners.

H5.2S = 2 x DVB-S tuners
H5.2S+ = 2 x DVB-S tuners and 1 x DVB-C/T tuner
H5.2TC = 1 x DVB-S tuner and 2 x DVB-C/T tuners
oh ok now it's more clear thank you really for your help

Back